A strong association with five independent residential colleges* enables the University of Adelaide to offer students a fully catered accommodation option where most meals and a weekly room clean is incorporated into a single fee.
Each college enjoys a long history of academic success together with a strong reputation for developing community leaders and proud alumni tradition.
- Aquinas College
Aquinas College provides an opportunity for young women and men to develop their talents to their full capacity, to form critical minds and compassionate hearts, and to become effective leaders mature in faith and committed to justice in this world.
Address: 1 Palmer Place, North Adelaide
No. of places: 172
172 residency places in iconic setting, within a vibrant, welcoming, supportive community.
Residential Pastoral and Academic staff provide support and leadership. Opportunities for academic, personal and leadership development; social, sporting and cultural activities. Phone and Internet access in rooms, computer room, General and Senior common rooms, Foxtel, pool table, spacious gardens, tennis court, gym and sporting facilities, music room, Chapel, study rooms, office facilities, laundries.
For more information on fees or to apply please visit the Aquinas College website or contact:
The Admissions Secretary
1 Palmer Place
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- Lincoln College
Lincoln College Lincoln College provides a residential community for 240 male and female students studying at all three of South Australia's universities. Founded in 1952 the College is an expression of the Uniting Church's pastoral concern for University students. Persons of all faiths are admitted to the College, which is affiliated with the University of Adelaide.
Address: 45 Brougham Place, North Adelaide
No. of places: 236
Lincoln is a multi-faith, multicultural community that since 1952 has been providing a caring and supportive environment for students who live away from their homes during their tertiary studies. We foster independence, inclusion and diversity.
The College prides itself on providing:
- 230 fully furnished rooms with internet & phone points
- Generous financial aid and merit based scholarships available
- Safe welcoming informal environment with a focus on student wellbeing
- Culturally & academically diverse student body
- Structured academic programs augment university classes
- 14 Residential tutors & 15 Academic tutors live on site
- ESL and proofreading assistance
- Air conditioned well-stocked 24/7 library & part-time librarian
- Up to date computer lab including a super PC & a Mac with design package (Adobe Autodesk and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Photocopying, fax and printing facilities, Wi-Fi spots, drafting table, soldering and electronics equipment
- 2 Music rooms, 3 student kitchens, 2 laundries, Chapel, gymnasium, reading room and 4 tutorial rooms
- Common room with Foxtel and café/bar facilities (+ separate games room)
- Reliable value-for-money internet, free access to university & academic sites
- Personal development, networking & leadership opportunities
- Well connected Alumni
For more information on fees or to apply please visit: www.lincoln.edu.au or contact:
45 Brougham Place
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- St Ann's College
St Ann's College provides a safe inspiring environment where opportunities for education, personal development and friendships are fostered. Students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to contribute to a happy social atmosphere in which academic excellence, development of judgement, personal responsibility and consideration for others are high priorities.
Address: 187 Brougham Place, North Adelaide
No. of places: 185
St Ann's College provides an inspiring residential environment for young people studying towards their university qualifications.
Students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to contribute to a happy social atmosphere where they can realise their full potential. The development of judgement, personal responsibility and consideration for others is high priority.
The following are notable aspects of our community:
- 185 student rooms with phone connection (115 with private bathroom and individually controlled air conditioning)
- 60 academic tutors - 96% pass rate
- 10 residential tutors providing academic and social leadership and pastoral care
- Affiliated with all three universities in South Australia
- Finely tuned up-to-date undergraduate library
- Computer room with CD burner, printers and scanner
- Engineering and design room, photographic studio
- Music rooms with baby grand piano
- Weights room, TV and video rooms
- Gardens, tennis court and other sporting facilities
- All students are subsidised
- A safe, drug-free academic environment under one roof, in close proximity to the universities
For more information on fees or to apply please see the St Ann's College website or contact:
Dr Rosemary H S Brooks
St Ann's College Inc.
187 Brougham Place
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- St Mark's College
Established in 1925, St Mark's is the oldest of the Adelaide residential colleges and we welcome students from all over Australia and the World. The College has a history of excellence and immersion into our traditions and community culture will see you well-supported in all facets of university and College life. The College's motto "excellence reaches for the stars" represents the excellence that St Mark's instils in all of its residents-academically, artistically, and on the sporting field. The College's facilities place St Mark's at the forefront of student accommodation in South Australia and provide the opportunity for you to live a balanced and healthy lifestyle, with every chance of success in your university studies.
Address: 46 Pennington St, North Adelaide
No. of Places: 233
Much more than just a place to live, St Mark's offers you;
- 240 undergraduate rooms, comprising single rooms and 3 bedroom apartments
- High speed, unlimited wireless Internet across the campus
- In 2015 a brand new state-of-the-art Academic Centre and integrated IT hub
- A fully-equipped gymnasium and group fitness classes
- A secure car park for over 100 student cars
- Visiting and residential Academic Tutors
- Academic support, culminating in a pass rate of over 95%
- Extensive pastoral care from on-site residential staff and senior residents
- Tutorial and workshop rooms and function spaces available to students
- Four lawn tennis courts, table tennis tables and full-sized billiard table
- Sporting teams, social calendar, music ensembles, College choir, drama group and visual art
- Extensive beautiful gardens and heritage buildings
Each year the College offers over $150,000 in scholarships and bursaries to our students. Further information can be obtained from our website.
For more information or to organise a tour of the College, please visit the St Mark's College website or contact:
Ms Raphaela Oest
St. Mark's College Inc.
46 Pennington Terrace
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- Kathleen Lumley Postgraduate Residential College
Kathleen Lumley Postgraduate Residential College of the University of Adelaide provides ideal accommodation for:
- postgraduate students
- academic visitors
- visitors to the State's research and cultural establishments.
Address: 51 Finniss Street, North Adelaide
No. of places: 81
Kathleen Lumley College provides:
- 81 rooms with Wi-Fi and phone connection
- Air-conditioned common rooms with free cabled broadband internet, scanner and printer
- Air-conditioned games and TV room with Cable, Pool Table and Café/Bar facilities
- Air-conditioned Common Room with theatre facilities
- Music Room
- Five Formal Dinners per year included in residential costs
- Landscaped gardens and University's postgraduate sports grounds adjacent to College
- Fully equipped, free laundry
- Tutorial/editing assistance with essay and thesis writing skills
- International Research Associates and Fellows in professional and scholarly areas providing mentorship, academic and career advice
- Associated with Australian Institute of International Affairs and Adelaide Intelligence Group
- Lectures, seminars, short courses and forums
- Bookable conference facilities
- Residents' Association, organised visits to wine areas and other social activities
- A range of scholarships and bursaries
- Resident assistant positions available
For more information on fees or to apply please visit our web page www.kathleenlumleycollege.com.au or contact:
Associate Professor Felix Patrikeeff
Kathleen Lumley College
51 Finniss Street
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
Telephone: +61 8 8267 3270
Facsimile: +61 8 8239 1705
The residential colleges are located close to the city within 15-20 minutes walking distance from the North Terrace campus and 15-25 minutes bus/bicycle ride from Thebarton and Waite campuses.
Most college rooms are single study bedrooms but some twin share rooms may be available. Each room is furnished with a bed, mattress, wardrobe, mirror, desk, chair and bookshelf. Some also provide the option of ensuite bathrooms and air-conditioning. Charges for heating/cooling**, electricity and cleaning are usually included in the price.
All colleges are co-residential. Three meals per day (including a packed lunch, when required) are usually provided, and students with special dietary needs may be catered for upon request. Most rooms are equipped with telephones, voice mail and Internet access.
Students are advised to apply directly with each residential college for a place.
*The University does not administer the colleges.
**Charges apply for excessive use.