A strong association with five independent residential colleges* enables the University of Adelaide to offer students a fully catered accommodation option where most meals and a weekly room clean is incorporated into a single fee.
Each college enjoys a long history of academic success together with a strong reputation for developing community leaders and proud alumni tradition.
- Aquinas College
Aquinas College provides an opportunity for young women and men to develop their talents to their full capacity, to form critical minds and compassionate hearts, and to become effective leaders mature in faith and committed to justice in this world.
Address: 1 Palmer Place, North Adelaide
No. of places: 172
172 residency places in iconic setting, within a vibrant, welcoming, supportive community.
Residential Pastoral and Academic staff provide support and leadership. Opportunities for academic, personal and leadership development; social, sporting and cultural activities. Phone and Internet access in rooms, computer room, General and Senior common rooms, Foxtel, pool table, spacious gardens, tennis court, gym and sporting facilities, music room, Chapel, study rooms, office facilities, laundries.
For more information on fees or to apply please visit the Aquinas College website or contact:
The Admissions Secretary
1 Palmer Place
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- Lincoln College
Lincoln College provides accommodation for students coming to Adelaide to attend University. Renowned for its welcoming friendly atmosphere and its excellent academic and pastoral support. Lincoln is a multi-cultural, multi-faith College offering safe and secure accommodation in a superb convenient location.
Address: 45 Brougham Place, North Adelaide
No. of places: 215
We offer a home away from home where you will live in a diverse community where you will be encouraged to develop and grow in a creative and fun setting. There are activities and opportunities for all: sports, arts or music wherever your interests lie.
The College prides itself on providing:
- 215 fully furnished rooms with internet access and unlimited data
- Generous financial aid and merit based scholarships
- Safe welcoming informal environment with a focus on student wellbeing
- Culturally & academically diverse student body
- Senior staff, Residential Advisors & Academic Tutors who live on site
- Comprehensive academic support and proofreading assistance
- Learning Resource Centre with a well stocked 24/7 library and a part-time librarian plus specialised computer hardware and software packages.
- Wi-fi, photocopying, fax and printing facilities, a draft table, soldering and electronics equipment
- Music rooms, student kitchens, laundries, a Chapel, gymnasium, reading room and tutorial rooms
- Common room with Foxtel and café/bar facilities plus a separate games room
- Personal development, networking & leadership opportunities
- Well connected Alumni
For more information on fees or to apply please visit: www.lincoln.edu.au or contact:
45 Brougham Place
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- St Ann's College
St Ann's College provides a safe inspiring environment where opportunities for education, personal development and friendships are fostered. Students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to contribute to a happy social atmosphere in which academic excellence, development of judgement, personal responsibility and consideration for others are high priorities.
Address: 187 Brougham Place, North Adelaide
No. of places: 185
St Ann's College provides an inspiring residential environment for young people studying towards their university qualifications.
Students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to contribute to a happy social atmosphere where they can realise their full potential. The development of judgement, personal responsibility and consideration for others is high priority.
The following are notable aspects of our community:
- 185 student rooms with phone connection (115 with private bathroom and individually controlled air conditioning)
- 60 academic tutors - 96% pass rate
- 10 residential tutors providing academic and social leadership and pastoral care
- Affiliated with all three universities in South Australia
- Finely tuned up-to-date undergraduate library
- Computer room with CD burner, printers and scanner
- Engineering and design room, photographic studio
- Music rooms with baby grand piano
- Weights room, TV and video rooms
- Gardens, tennis court and other sporting facilities
- All students are subsidised
- A safe, drug-free academic environment under one roof, in close proximity to the universities
For more information on fees or to apply please see the St Ann's College website or contact:
Dr Rosemary H S Brooks
St Ann's College Inc.
187 Brougham Place
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- St Mark's College
St Mark's College welcomes students of all backgrounds from all over Australia and the world to immerse themselves in the full university experience. Our strong and diverse community environment provides a friendly, supportive and stimulating atmosphere in which undergraduate students can transition from school to university and live, study and grow, both intellectually and personally.
Students thrive at St Mark's with strong academic support that enhances their university education whilst achieving pass rates of over 95%. This is complemented with extensive pastoral care and a wide range of social, sporting, artistic and community activities to build strong relationships with others within and outside the College community.
The relationships and connections formed through the active and extensive global alumni network creates a lifetime advantage for students as they transition into the workforce and progress through their career.
The College's facilities place St Mark's at the forefront of residential accommodation in South Australia. St Mark's is more than just a place to live, it offers:
- 245 undergraduate rooms, comprising furnished single rooms and 3 bedroom apartments
- State of the Art Academic Centre with high speed, unlimited wireless Internet campus-wide
- Hot meals daily, early and late meal options and catering for specific dietary requirements
- A fully-equipped gymnasium, secure multi-level car park, laundries and kitchens
- Over $250,000 of scholarships and bursaries awarded annually to new and returning students
- Students from different backgrounds studying a range of degrees to challenge your thinking
- Personal development and leadership opportunities
- Visiting and residential Academic Tutors and mentors
- Career advice and opportunities through an extensive alumni network
- Extensive pastoral care from on-site residential staff and senior residents
- Wellbeing programs and extensive pastoral care from on-site residential staff and senior students
- Lawn tennis courts, table tennis tables and full-sized billiard table
- Sporting teams, social activities, music ensembles, choir, drama group and visual art
- Junior Common Room, Ballroom, Chapel, music rooms and numerous function spaces
- Extensive beautiful gardens and heritage buildings
Address: 46 Pennington Tce, North Adelaide
No. of Places: 245
For more information or to organise a tour of the College, please visit the St Mark's College website or contact:
Ms Raphaela Oest
Dean of Students
St. Mark's College Inc.
46 Pennington Terrace
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
- Kathleen Lumley Postgraduate Residential College
Kathleen Lumley Postgraduate Residential College of the University of Adelaide provides ideal accommodation for:
- postgraduate students
- academic visitors
- visitors to the State's research and cultural establishments.
Address: 51 Finniss Street, North Adelaide
No. of places: 81
Kathleen Lumley College provides:
- 81 rooms with Wi-Fi and phone connection
- Air-conditioned common rooms with free cabled broadband internet, scanner and printer
- Air-conditioned games and TV room with Cable, Pool Table and Café/Bar facilities
- Air-conditioned Common Room with theatre facilities
- Music Room
- Five Formal Dinners per year included in residential costs
- Landscaped gardens and University's postgraduate sports grounds adjacent to College
- Fully equipped, free laundry
- Tutorial/editing assistance with essay and thesis writing skills
- International Research Associates and Fellows in professional and scholarly areas providing mentorship, academic and career advice
- Associated with Australian Institute of International Affairs and Adelaide Intelligence Group
- Lectures, seminars, short courses and forums
- Bookable conference facilities
- Residents' Association, organised visits to wine areas and other social activities
- A range of scholarships and bursaries
- Resident assistant positions available
For more information on fees or to apply please visit our web page www.kathleenlumleycollege.com.au or contact:
Associate Professor Felix Patrikeeff
Kathleen Lumley College
51 Finniss Street
NORTH ADELAIDE SA 5006
Telephone: +61 8 8267 3270
Facsimile: +61 8 8239 1705
The residential colleges are located close to the city within 15-20 minutes walking distance from the North Terrace campus and 15-25 minutes bus/bicycle ride from Thebarton and Waite campuses.
Most college rooms are single study bedrooms but some twin share rooms may be available. Each room is furnished with a bed, mattress, wardrobe, mirror, desk, chair and bookshelf. Some also provide the option of ensuite bathrooms and air-conditioning. Charges for heating/cooling**, electricity and cleaning are usually included in the price.
All colleges are co-residential. Three meals per day (including a packed lunch, when required) are usually provided, and students with special dietary needs may be catered for upon request. Most rooms are equipped with telephones, voice mail and Internet access.
Students are advised to apply directly with each residential college for a place.
*The University does not administer the colleges.
**Charges apply for excessive use.