The Hugo Centre offers a wide range of contract research/consultancy services to the University of Adelaide, other Australian Universities, as well as a range of public and private sector clients.
Prior to this, the National Centre for Social Applications of GIS (GISCA) was responsible for numerous GIS based research and consultancy services within the University of Adelaide. GISCA (incorporated under the Hugo Centre) continues to offer the types of GIS based consultancy services expected from current and new clients including:
- standard demographic profiles;
- analysis of census data and other social and economic data;
- population projections for different geographical areas;
- various thematic mapping and spatial research projects;
- local government elector representation reviews;
- electoral boundary analysis; and
- development and delivery of secure web hosting services.
To make an enquiry about the types of consultancy services available or other research initiatives that the Centre could contribute or undertake for your organisation, please email the Hugo Centre.
The Accessibility and Remoteness Index of Australia (ARIA) is currently used by a number of organisations. Notably, one of the ARIA products (ARIA+) forms the basis for the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) Remoteness Area classification (ASGS-RA) and has been the standard ABS endorsed measure of remoteness since 2001.
For more information on ARIA, follow this link to the ARIA page.
To purchase an ARIA product, including the 2011 ARIA+ and ARIA++ index scores, please place your order online by completing the ARIA Order Form.