LIMIT: Limiting weight gain in overweight and obese women during pregnancy to improve health outcomes: a randomised trial.
This trial has completed recruitment and primary publication. Followup is currently being undertaken.
The aims of this randomised controlled trial are to assess whether the implementation of a package of dietary and lifestyle advice to overweight and obese women during pregnancy to limit weight gain is effective in improving maternal, fetal and infant health outcomes.
Funding: NHMRC Project Grant 2008-2011; NIH Grant, 2008-2012; Channel 7 Children's Research Foundation Grant, 2010; Clive and Vera Ramaciotti Foundation Grant 2010.
|Funding:||NHMRC Project Grant, 2008-2011; NIH Grant, 2008-2012; Channel 7 Children's Research Foundation Grant, 2010; Clive and Vera Ramaciotti Foundation Grant 2010.|
|Chief Investigators:||Professor Jodie Dodd, Professor Deborah Turnbull, Professor Gary Wittert, Dr Andrew McPhee, E/Professor Jeffrey Robinson, Professor Caroline Crowther, Professor Julie Owens, Professor Matthew Gillman|
|Clinical Trial Coordinator:||Ms Andrea Deussen|
|61 8 8161 7657
61 8 8161 7652
SA - Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide
- Dodd JM, Turnbull D, McPhee AJ, Deussen AR, Yelland LN, Crowther CA, Wittert G, Owens JA, Robinson JS, for the LIMIT Randomised Trial Group. Antenatal lifestyle advice for women who are overweight or obese: LIMIT randomised trial. BMJ 2014;348:g1285. (Article)
- Dodd JM, Turnbull DA, McPhee AJ, Wittert G, Crowther CA, Robinson JS. Limiting weight gain in overweight and obese women during pregnancy to improve health outcomes: the LIMIT randomised controlled trial. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2011;11.
- Dodd JM, Grivell RM, Nguyen AM, Chan A, Robinson JS. Maternal and perinatal health outcomes by body mass index category. Aust N Z J Obstet Gyn 2011;51(2):136-140.
- Dodd JM, Robinson JS. Gestational weight loss in overweight and obese women is associated with an increased risk of small for gestational age infants. Evid Based Med. 2011;16(4):156-6.
- Dodd JM, Grivell RM, Crowther CA, Robinson JS. Antenatal interventions for overweight or obese pregnant women: a systematic review of randomised trials. BJOG 2010;117:1316-1326.
- Crowther CA, Hiller JE, Moss JR, McPhee AJ, Jeffries WS, Robinson JS, et al. Effect of treatment of gestational diabetes mellitus on pregnancy outcomes. New England Journal of Medicine 2005;352(24):2477-2486.