Research Synthesis Division
To conduct, promote and support the preparation and updating of high quality systematic reviews of the evidence on questions of relevance to women and babies in Australia, regionally in South East Asia, and internationally.
A major research theme for ARCH for 2008-2012 is:
Benefiting women and babies by promoting and supporting evidence based health care
Cochrane Reviews in maternal and perinatal health have major impact by providing evidence for clinical practice, health care policy and identifying new research strategies. The Australian Collaborative Research Network (the Australasian Review Authors Group for the Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Collaborative Review Group) is funded by the Federal Department of Health, with the national coordinating centre at ARCH.
Further information about the Research Synthesis Division:
- Key Research Strategies
- Australasian Reviewers Group for the Collaborative Review Group (ARG-PC-CRG)
- Individual Participant Data (IPD) Meta-analysis: Progress with Projects
- Prestigious International Award for Professor Caroline Crowther
- 3ie/AUSAID review on maternal mortality/morbidity and nutrition
- Research synthesis on causes of stillbirth and interventions to prevent stillbirth
- Recent meetings and training workshops
Key Division Contacts: Professor Caroline Crowther, Professor Jodie Dodd, Ms Philippa Middleton, Ms Emily Bain (Cochrane Coordinator), Ms Tanya Bubner (IPD Coordinator)