Research Synthesis Division
To conduct, promote and support the preparation and updating of high quality systematic reviews of the evidence on questions of relevance to women and babies in Australia, regionally in South East Asia, and internationally.
A major research theme for ARCH is:
Benefiting women and babies by promoting and supporting evidence based health care
Cochrane Reviews in maternal and perinatal health have major impact by providing evidence for clinical practice, health care policy and identifying new research strategies. The Australasian Review Authors Group for the Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Collaborative Review Group is funded by the NHMRC.
Further information about the Research Synthesis Division:
- Key Research Strategies
- Australasian Reviewers Group for the Collaborative Review Group
- Individual Participant Data (IPD) Meta-analysis: Progress with Projects
- Prestigious International Award for Professor Caroline Crowther
- 3ie/AUSAID review on maternal mortality/morbidity and nutrition
- Research synthesis on causes of stillbirth and interventions to prevent stillbirth
Key Division Contacts: Professor Caroline Crowther, Ms Philippa Middleton, Ms Emily Bain (Cochrane Coordinator), Associate Professor Vicki Flenady, Ms Tanya Bubner (IPD Coordinator), Dr Chris East