About the Researcher Profiles Initative
A survey of researchers at the University identified Researcher Profiles as the initiative that would most improve their ability to effectively conduct and manage research. Significant frustration was expressed at being asked by multiple sources at multiple times for the same information in multiple formats.
The current profiles are perceived as being not visually appealing to the key target groups such as potential HDR students, potential research collaborators, industry and media.
- Present a more aesthetically engaging researcher profile page with a new look and feel
- Improve the profile creation, maintenance and search functions
- Provide researchers with the ability to automatically feed information from Aurora to their new Researcher Profile
- Provide additional fields to enable researchers to create and maintain personal information, a biography, publications, awards and achievements, grants, research and teaching interests, external profile links (i.e. google scholar), social media links, photos and videos
- Align the new Researcher Profiles to the University's brand with updates to the design, functionality, usability and content
- Establish a ‘Find a Researcher' and ‘Find a Supervisor' search functionality
- Benefits to researchers
- An improved look and feel
- Increase visibility of research
- Aesthetically engaging content
- Save time maintaining content (automation of data from Aurora)
- Self-promotion and marketing tool
- All profile information in one place
- Researcher consultation
In July 2014, the project established a Researcher Reference Group with the aim to:
- Contributing to the vision and objectives for the initative
- Supporting the decision-making process, direction and future growth of the initiative.
- Gathering and prioritising of requirements
- Providing early reviews and feedback on the development of the Researcher Profiles
- Contributing to the development of the change management approach for their Faculty/School
The project will continue to engage the wider researcher community to ensure this initiative is researcher led and focused.
- Further Questions
If have any questions about the Researcher Profiles, please contact us and the appropriate member of our Support Team will reply to your query.
Top 5 Q's about Researcher Profiles
- 1. When will the new profiles be available?
Researcher Profiles are now available to all University of Adelaide researchers.
- 2. What information will my profile contain?
Your profile can contain personal information, a biography, publications, awards and achievements, grants, research, supervisions and teaching activities, external profile links (i.e. Google Scholar), social media links and photos.
- 3. I want a researcher profile, how can I get one?
Find your profile using the following URL details, www.researchers.adelaide.edu.au/profile/firstname.lastname
Hint: firstname.lastname combination is the same as your UofA email.
Your Researcher Profile will leverage core information captured in Aurora and automatically transfer/update this information to the new profile webpages for researchers.
Researchers are encouraged to ensure all of their information is up-to-date in Aurora. This includes a photo, bio, qualifications, academic appointments, external website links and your publications. For further information and guidance, please refer to the support materials.
- 4. Who can have a new researcher profile?
All University of Adelaide researchers (this includes Academic staff, Titleholders and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Students.
- 5. I need help, who can assist me?
If you would like to provide feedback, require further assistance or have a question, please contact the the Support Team.