The vision of the Centre for Energy Technology (CET) is to deliver innovative technologies for a clean energy future through strategic partnerships.
The mission of CET is to accelerate the national and international transition from a high to low CO2 emission society through world leading research and development activities in partnership with leading industry, government agencies and other research organisations, resulting in cost-effective clean energy technologies, notably in the:
- Sustainable utilisation of fossil and alternative fuels;
- Utilisation of alternative energy sources including solar, biomass, wind, wave and geothermal (in collaboration with the South Australian Centre for Geothermal Energy Research);
- Novel integration of technologies and practices to increase their efficiency;
- Novel energy transport and storage systems.
CET's vision and mission will be achieved by working towards the following objectives:
- To increase the output of high quality research in energy technology at the University of Adelaide;
- To accelerate the development and deployment of clean energy technology;
- To provide increased support for CET researchers in line with its objectives.
CET has a broad membership, encompassing researchers from the following schools within the University:
- The School of Chemical Engineering;
- The School of Chemistry and Physics;
- The School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering;
- The School of Mathematical Sciences and;
- The School of Mechanical Engineering.
A high number of published papers in leading international journals demonstrates the depth of fundamental capability backing our technology development programs.
Meet the CET team and find out more.
For more information or to get in contact with us on how we can assist your organisation email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 8 8313 2559