Centre for Coastal Research (CCR)
The Centre aims to conduct fundamental research, applied research and research training opportunities in the areas of:
- coastal science uptake in coastal policy
- the application of integrated coastal management (ICM)
- climate change adaptation on the coast and marine-protected areas
- coastal and marine natural resource management (NRM)
- community engagement
- environmental history.
CCR plans to achieve this aim by:
- establishing a highly-visible presence in the research and consulting landscape in these fields
- working in partnership with a range of Commonwealth, State, private and non-government organisation partners with a view to establishing long-term, productive research relationships
- using research-focussed staff to assist teaching and research academics to apply for research grants and complete research contracts on time in a professional manner.
Given the Centre's focus on, and expertise in, national research issues and priorities such as coastal management and climate change; and coastal vulnerability to climate change, CCR is well-placed to develop further linkages with government on national, state and regional research priorities.