(source Romana Dew)
(source Katherine Yates)
Research funding for the Centre for Coastal Research (CCR) projects comes from a mixture of nationally competitive grants, industry-linked funding and state and local government supported research.
The following grants are in place for 2015:
- Tibby, J et al. including Barr as post-doctoral researcher. A 140,000 year insight into the imprint of climate and humans on Australia. ARC Discovery Project 2015-2017, AUS $381,140.
- James Shulmeister; Patrick Hesp; Graziela Miot da Silva; Kevin Welsh; Talitha Santini; Joshua Larsen; Allen Gontz and Tammy Rittenour. Climate and environmental history of SE Queensland dunefields. ARC Discovery Project 2015, AUS $364,900.
- Clarke and Yates' research on the socio-cultural dimensions of determining MPA effectiveness is funded by a $25,000 grant from the Wildlife Conservation Fund, Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (DEWNR).
- Nursey-Bray is contributing to the Australian case study lead by Dr. Pedro Fidelman whose "Supporting Governance Institutions for Adaptive Capacity to Environmental Change" project received one year of APN funding in 2013.
- Nursey-Bray also has a contract with SARDI for $20,000 leading a social perception survey on the effects of seals on fishing.