Information for Staff
The Counselling Service provides information for staff who may have concerns regarding a student. Staff members are encouraged to contact the Counselling Service for:
- consultation regarding specific student concerns
- information on how to refer students to the Counselling Service
- what to do in an emergency
The Counselling Service also offers a range of information sessions for schools and faculties including:
- Assisting Students in Distress
- Introduction to the Counselling Service
- Meeting the Demands of University Life
- Study Techniques
Tailored sessions are also available on request.
Staff may sometimes come into contact with students who are experiencing distress or trauma. Below is some information which may assist in these difficult situations.
In an emergancy please contact University Security on 8313 5444.
- Responding to distressed students
- Coping with traumatic incidents:
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides free counselling assistance to University employees experiencing personal difficulties at work or at home.
Counselling is provided by an experienced and impartial team of counsellors who are employed by an external agency.
EAP is confidential and anonymous.
Any staff member wishing to access a Counsellor can contact the service direct by phoning (+61 8) 8352 9898 during business hours or 0418 883 855 after hours and on weekends and public holidays.