|The University of Adelaide||Home | Faculties & Divisions | Search|
|Faculties & Divisions | People A to Z | Media Expertise | Phonebook||
|Public browsing [Login]|
Dr Craig Lockwood
To link to this page, please use the following URL:
My interests include methods to promote implementation and evaluation of evidence based practice. I am a Registered Nurse with a clinical background in Renal and Dermatological Nursing and have been a part of JBI since 1996, working across each of its scientific programs in that time.
My specific interests in qualitative synthesis are both methodological and process based. I conduct qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods systematic reviews for JBI and for the Cochrane Renal Review Group, and am a member of the Cochrane Qualitative Research Methods Group.
I have an ongoing interest in Translation Science, and am involved in projects and programs for the implementation of best practice across across the health care contiuum with a wide range of health professionals.
Doctor of Philosophy, The University of Adelaide
Master of Clinical Science, Nursing, The University of Adelaide
Graduate Diploma Clinical Nursing, University of Adelaide
Hyperbaric Nurse Attendants course, Royal Adelaide Hospital
Diabetes Mellitus Program, Royal Adelaide Hospital
Bachelor Nursing, University of South Australia
Registered as Registered General Nurse, SA Nurses Board
Successful supervision of 9 Masters students, with a current supervisory load of a 8 students (7 Masters, 1 PhD).
Moola S, Lockwood C. Effectiveness of strategies for the management and/or prevention of hypothermia within the adult perioperative environment. International Journal of Evidence Based Healthcare. 2011; 9: 337-345.
· Lockwood, C (2010) Evidence Summary: Systematic review of how to stop smoking in pregnancy and following childbirth Journal of Advanced Nursing, 66, 12, 2620-2626
· Lockwood, C (2010) Evidence Summary: Self-monitoring of blood glucose in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review of economic evidence, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 66, 9, 1931-36
· Lockwood, C (2010) Evidence Summary: The reliability, validity and feasibility of tools used to screen for caregiver burden: a systematic review, Journal of Advanced Nursing, 66, 8, 1683-4
· Lockwood, C (2010) Cochrane and Nursing, moving forwards through new collaboration, International Journal of Nursing Practice 16 (2), pp. 203-204
· Hannes, K., Lockwood, C., Pearson, A. (2010) A comparative analysis of three online appraisal instruments' ability to assess validity in qualitative research, Qualitative Health Research 20 (12), pp. 1736-1743
· Lockwood C. (2008) Specific information on review manuscripts. Homepage of Nursing & Health Science.
· Lockwood C, 2007 Context or quality, are they mutually exclusive? A response to Satherley, Allen and Lyne. International Journal of Evidence-Based Healthcare, Volume 5 Issue 4 Page 487-488.
· Pearson A, Wiechula R, Court A & Lockwood C (2007) A re-consideration of what constitutes ‘evidence' in healthcare professions?, Nursing Science Quarterly 20(1): p85-88
· Borbasi S, Jones J, Nankivell A, Lockwood C. 2006. Health Professionals' Perspectives of providing Care to People with Dementia in the Acute Care Setting: Toward Better Practice, Geriatric Nursing, 27, 5, 300-308.
· Borbasi S, Jones J, Nankivell A, Lockwood C. 2006. Dementia related aggression in the acute sector: Is a code black really the answer? Contemporary Nurse, 21, 1, 103-115.
· Stern C, Lockwood C. 2005 Knowledge Retention from post operative patient information. International Journal of Evidence-based Healthcare, Vol 3, pg45-63.
· Pearson A. Wiechula R. Court A. Lockwood C. 2005. The JBI model of evidence-based healthcare. International Journal of Evidence Based Health Care, 3, 207-215.
· Page, T. Lockwood, C. Guest, K. Conroy-Hiller, T. 2005. Effectiveness of nurse-led cardiac clinics in adult patients with a diagnosis of Coronary Heart Disease. International Journal of Evidence Based Healthcare 3(1): 3-27.
· Lockwood, C. Page, T, Conroy-Hiller, T (2004) Comparing the effectiveness of cognitive behaviour therapy using individual or group therapy in the treatment of schizophrenia. JBI Reports 2(10), 309-338
· Lockwood, C. Page, T. Conroy-Hiller T, Florence Z. (2004) Management of Short-Term Indwelling Urethral Catheters to Prevent Urinary Tract Infections. JBI Reports 8(2)
· Lockwood, C., T. Page, et al. (2004). "Comparing the effectiveness of cognitive behaviour therapy using individual or group therapy in the treatment of depression." JBI Reports 2(5): 185-206.
· Page, T. C. Lockwood, et al. (2003). "Management of nipple pain and/or trauma associated with breast-feeding." JBI Reports 1(4): 127-147.
· Page, T. and C. Lockwood (2003). "Prevention and management of shoulder pain in the hemiplegic patient." JBI Reports 1(5).
· Lockwood, C. Hodgkinson, B et al. (2003). "Clinical effectiveness of different approaches to peritoneal dialysis catheter exit-site care." JBI Reports 1(6).
· Lockwood, C. (2003). The effectiveness of undergraduate clinical placement across the health professions: Models, methods and meaningfulness for key stakeholders in South Australia, a systematic review. Adelaide, Centre for Evidence-based Nursing, South Australia.
· Lockwood, C. (2003). Integrative review of Best Practice in the management of dementia patients admitted to acute care facilities. Adelaide, Centre for Evidence-based Nursing, South Australia: 1-17.
· Page, T. and C. Lockwood (2002). Vascular Access Devices: Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters and Midline Catheters; An Evidence Based Integrative Review. Adelaide, Centre for Evidence-based Practice, South Australia.
· Lockwood, C. The Joanna Briggs Institute, 2001, Smoking Cessation Interventions and Strategies, Best Practice Vol 5 Iss 3, Blackwell Science-Asia, Australia.
· Sneddon, R; Lockwood C, 2000, Internet support for post-graduate studies, an evidence based approach, Nursing Review 8(3) 39.
* Hannes K and Lockwood C (Eds) 2011 (in Press) Synthesising Qualitative Research: Choosing the right approach, Wiley-Blackwell, Australia
Copyright © 2010 The University of Adelaide
Last Modified 16/08/2012 M&SC
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M