Dr Jonathan Carroll
- B.Sc. (Theoretical Physics); University of Adelaide, 2005
- B.Sc. Honours (First Class); University of Adelaide, 2006
- Ph.D. Physics; University of Adelaide, 2009
Awards & Achievements
- 2012 Finalist: Channel 9 Young Acheiver Awards
- 2011 Semi-Finalist: Channel 9 Young Acheiver Awards
- 2009 CSSM Doctoral Research Prize
- 2009 University Doctoral Research Medal
- "Non-perturbative Analysis of the Influence of
the Proton Magnetization and Charge Densities on the Hyperfine
Splitting of Muonic Hydrogen"
[arXiv:physics.atom-ph/1108.5785] (link via arxiv)
- "Proton form-factor dependence of the finite-size correction to the Lamb shift in muonic hydrogen"
[arXiv:physics.atom-ph/1108.2541] (link via arxiv)
- "Natural Resolution of the Proton Size Puzzle"
[Phys.Rev.A84:020101] (link via arxiv)
- "Nonperturbative relativistic calculation of the muonic hydrogen spectrum"
[Phys.Rev.A84:012506] (link via arxiv)
- "Applications of the octet baryon quark-meson coupling model to hybrid stars"
[PhD thesis] (link via arxiv, or local)
- "Phase transition from QMC hyperonic matter to deconfined quark matter"
[Phys.Rev.C79:045810] (link via arxiv)
- "Neutral pion decay into nu anti-nu in dense skyrmion matter"
[Phys.Rev.D71:114001] (link via arxiv)
- Conference Proceedings:
- "The Radius of the Proton; Size Does Matter"
[AIP Conf.Proc.1354:25-31] (link via arxiv)
- "The Quark-Meson Coupling model as a description of dense matter"
[AIP Conf.Proc.1374:???-???,arXiv:hep-ph/1010.3759] (link via arxiv)
- "QMC and the nature of dense matter: written in the stars?"
[AIP Conf.Proc.1261:226-231] (link via arxiv)
a full list of my publications via SLAC SPIRES)
- Dense Matter
- Neutron Star Matter
- Quantum Hadrodynamics
- Quark-Meson Coupling Model
- Nambu-Jona-Lasinio Model
- Equation of State
- Muonic Hydrogen Spectrum
- Proton Radius Discrepancy
- "First glimpse of the Higgs boson - how to interpret CERN's announcement"
'The Conversation' Online article (16 December 2011) (link)
- "Explainer: Einstein's Theory of General Relativity"
'The Conversation' Online article (12 October 2011) (link)
- "Neutrinos and the speed of light? Not so fast..."
'The Conversation' Online article (26 Septmber 2011) (link)
- "95% chance 'God particle' ststatements are being misread by the media"
'The Conversation' Online article (15 September 2011) (link)
- "Explainer: Standard Model of Particle Physics"
'The Conversation' Online article (25th August 2011) (link)
- "If I had a blank cheque I'd do what theoretical physics does now, only bigger"
'The Conversation' Online article (22nd July 2011) (link)
- "Explainer: the Z' (hypothetical) particle"
'The Conversation' Online article (6th April 2011) (link)
- "How beer changed the world of science"
'Can You Believe It?' Adelaide Advertiser Article (2nd March 2010) (link)
- "Tipping the scales - Does my bum look big in this Higgs field?"
'Can You Believe It?' Adelaide Advertiser Article (31st March 2009) (link)
- "Breaking Rules - You can't change the laws of physics. Or can you?"
'Can You Believe It?' Adelaide Advertiser Article (15th November 2008) (link)
Entry last updated: Thursday, 20 Sep 2012
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic,
administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide.
To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone
Directory are not limited to University employees.
The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including
the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other
electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the
right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this