Associate Professor Mandar Oak
I received my Ph.D. from Cornell University in 2002. I joined the School of Economics at Adelaide starting Jan 2008. Before that I taught at Williams College in Williamstown MA.
Ph. D. (2002) Cornell University, Ithaca NY.
M.A. (1997) Delhi School of Economics, Delhi.
B. Com (1995) Mumbai University, Mumbai.
- Public Economics
- Political Economy
- Applied Microeconomics
- Indian Economy
- Myopia or Strategic Behavior?: Indian Regimes and the East India Company in the Eighteenth Century India, (with A. Swamy). Explorations in Economic History, Vol 49(3), July 2012, 352-366.
- Only Twice as Much: A Rule for Regulating Lenders, (with A. Swamy). Economic Development and Cultural Change, Vol. 58 (4), July 2010, pp 775-803.
- Coalition Governments in a Model of Parliamentary Democracy, (with S. Bandyopadhyay). European Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 24, June 2008, pp 554-561.
- Evolution of Credit Market Regulation (in India), Oxford Companion to Economics in India, K. Basu (Editor), Oxford University Press: New Delhi (2007).
- Policy Convergence under Approval and Plurality Voting: The Role of Policy Commitment, (with A. Dellis). Social Choice and Welfare, Vol. 29(2), September 2007, pp 229-245.
- A Case for Bundling Contributions to Public Goods (with S. Ghosh and A. Karaivanov). Journal of Public Economic Theory, Vol. 9(3), June 2007, pp 425-449.
- On the Role of the Primary System in Candidate Selection. Economics and Politics, Vol. 18(2), July 2006, pp 169-190.
- Approval Voting with Endogenous Candidates (with A. Dellis). Games and Economic Behavior, Vol. 54(1) (January 2006), pp 47-76.
- The Signaling Role of Municipal Currencies in Economic Development (with R. Jayaraman). Economica, Vol. 72, November 2005, pp 597-613.
- India's Union Budget 2012-13: Playing it safe. East Asia Forum, 14 April 2012.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 13 Feb 2013
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic,
administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide.
To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone
Directory are not limited to University employees.
The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including
the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other
electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the
right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this