Ms Stella Ho
|Org Unit||School of Architecture & Built Environment|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 5696|
|Location||Floor/Room 4 74 , Barr Smith South , North Terrace|
Stella has worked for over twenty years in universities in Australia and Hong Kong. She is experienced in planning, coordinating and implementing good management practices.
She first joined the University of Adelaide in 2000-2002 in the Centre for the Molecular Genetics of Development, and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. She rejoined the University in 2012 as Academic Support Officer in the School of Architecture and Built Environment.
To seek new professional development, she took up two one-year secondments which focused on core activities in the University:
- 2013-14: Project Officer (Aurora) - A project to improve the University's research administration system
- 2015-16: Professional Advancement Officer, Faculty of the Professions - Learning and Teaching Portfolio
Prior to rejoining the University, she took up administrative positions at the University of South Australia in a research centre and the International Office. She also worked as Research Assistant in the School of Management analysing AUQA (Australian Universities Quality Agency) reports to support research projects on ‘internationalisation’ and ‘student experience’. She assisted in the conduct of a Graduate Destinations Survey and the Service Improvement Project before joining the School of Art, Architecture and Design as Academic Services Officer at UniSA.
Stella has worked in the University of Hong Kong for thirteen years in the Faculty of Law, Academic Secretariat and the Department of Biochemistry. She has also worked in the commercial sector, including two years with an architect company.
Stella's regular responsibilities in the School of Architecture and Built Environment include:
- Provide support to the Head of School, including the preparation of area reports and coordination of PDR activities for academics.
- Assist the PG Coordinator with admission, and administration of research postgraduate students, scholarship rounds, reviews and milestone requirements.
- Support research activities, and collate publication data for reporting.
- Advise and coordinate the conduct of suspected dishonesty cases (plagiarism).
Executive support for School Board and School Research Meetings.
Ad hoc projects and event coordination as required.
Bachelor of Management (Administrative Management), University of South Australia (2008)
Diploma of Business Administration, TAFE SA (2006)
Higher Certificate in Translation and Interpretation, City University of Hong Kong (1989)
Executive Dean's Award (Professional Staff) for Excellence in Learning and Teaching Support (2016)
High Achievers Award, School of Management, University of South Australia (2007)
University Merit Awards, University of South Australia (2006, 2007)
Golden Key International Honour Society
To link to this page, please use the following URL: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/stella.ho