Dr Xiangqun Ju
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 7352|
Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences Building
Xiangqun Ju is a PhD candidate at the Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health (ARCPOH), The University of Adelaide.
She received her Bachelor degree of Medicine (1986) from Shanxi Medical University. In addition, she undertook Dentistry training (1986-89) and Plastic surgery training (1994-95) at the People’s Hospital of Shanxi Province; Oral and maxillofacial surgery training (basic 1995-1996, and advance 2003-2005) at Peking University School of Stomatology in China. She obtained a Master Degree of Public Health (2010) from the University of Adelaide.
Before coming to Adelaide, Xiangqun worked for 19 years as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon at People’s Hospital of Shanxi Province in China. Currently, she is working as a research officer in addition to her PhD.
Her research interest involves the evaluation of the relationship between periodontal disease and tooth loss in a cohort of elderly Australian adults. Current project include study of periodontal disease progression, and intraoral and extraoral factors related to tooth loss over time in order to understand the development of periodontal disease in older adults. She also has worked on dental labour force projects.
- ARCPOH, Harford JE & Ju X 2011, Teen dental plan voucher use. Aust Dent J (Data Watch) 56(4):437–40
- Ju, X & Teusner, D N 2011, Oral health practitioner labour force projections 2006–2025. Research report series no. 52. Cat. no. DEN 209. Canberra: AIHW
- ARCPOH, Ju X, Spencer J & Brennan D 2010, Supply and demand for oral and maxillofacial surgeons and services in Australia, Australian Dental Journal (Data Watch), vol.55, pp:346-50
- JU, X & GAO, Z J 2005, Evaluation of longitudinal orthopanotomography in the diagnosis of maxillary-anterior embedded dens (MAED), Chinese Journal of Clinical Medicine, vol.4, no.7, pp:11-12
- JU, X, YANG, G P, Den M 2005, Suppuratives mediastinitis as a complication of oropharyngeal infection (Descending Necrotizing Mediastinitis DNM): 6 cases with DNM reported, Journal of modern stomatology, vol.6
- JU, X 2004, Appropriate use analgesics after extraction of lower third-molar, Chinese Journal of Clinical Medicine, vol.3, no.11, pp: 59
- JU, X & LI, G & XIE, D X & LI, Z N 2003, Research of artificial dens immediate implantation in clinical application, Chinese Remedies & Clinics, vol.3 no.3A, pp:41-42
- LI, Z N & JU, X 2000, Study of red lip repair design: 94 cases reported, Journal of modern stomatology, vol.14, no3, pp: 215
- LI, Z N & JU, X & PENG, Z W & WU, C 2000, The clinical application of the Ti-plate in fracture of jaws and lack of jaws, Chinese Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol.10, no.3,pp:257/267
- JU, X & GAO, Z J 2000, Usefulness of head shadow-metric lateral film in the diagnosis of maxillary anterior embedded dens, Journal of Practical Medical Imaging, vol.1, no.1, pp:36-37
- JU, X & LI, Z N & TANG, X X 1999, Usefulness of three dimensional reconstruction by spiral CT scanning in diagnosis of jaw bone disease, Shanxi Clinical Medicine, vol.8, no.5, pp:363-364
- JU, X & LI, Z N & ZHAO, G H & CHEN, W 1995, Clinical application of artificial dental implants: 80 cases and 102 dental implants clinical reports, Shanxi Clinical Medicine, vol.4, no.1, pp:14-17
Book and Chapter
- JU, X 2004, [The conventional practice of disease diagnosis, treatment and nursing: Stomatological Volume: oral and Maxillofacial surgery diagnosis, treatment and nursing, Shanxi People’s Press, Taiyuan [ Article in Chinese]
- Ju, X, Spencer AJ & Brennan, DS (2010), Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Workforce Study, Adelaide: The University of Adelaide
To link to this page, please use the following URL: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/xiangqun.ju