Christmas Closure - 25 December 2014 to 19 January 2015.
University study can be a challenge … even more so if you have a disability or condition that you need to manage as well.
The Disability Service can help you manage ways to accommodate your disability whilst at Uni so you can focus your energies towards your studies. We not only look at physical or practical assistance, but we also look at ways to improve study habits in the University environment.
And we value your privacy. Our strong commitment to confidentiality supports all students that we assist.
Student disabilities can include a wide range of issues:
- Learning disabilities (such as dyslexia, dyspraxia or writing and reading difficulties)
- Medical conditions (such as Crohns Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or other physical issues)
- Mental illness (an anxiety disorder such as OCD or PTSD, depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia)
- Sensory impairments (vision or hearing)
- Mobility issues
- Brain injury (such as strokes or injuries caused by accidents)
Disabilities and conditions do not have to be permanent. We have helped students with temporary medical issues such as those caused by sporting accidents (a fractured limb).
If you have any questions at all, please contact us on 8313 5962 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roseworthy students can also contact the Roseworthy Student Support and Disability Advisor on 8313 7932.