How to Register
To receive Disability Support you will need to register with our service. We recommend that you register as soon as you have enrolled, as some of the assistance we can provide requires early planning.
You can register by completing the online registration form and uploading verification of your disability or ongoing medical condition.
The information you provide in the online registration form is confidential and is only available to Disability Support.
There are some critical things you need to do before completing the online registration form:
- Download a “Verification and Impact Statement” document
- Printed forms are available from the Disability Support office
- Make an appointment to see your Medical Practitioner
- Ask the medical practitioner to complete the VIS document
- If you have a Psychological Learning Assessment you do not need a Verification and Impact Statement
- Complete the online registration form and ensure you have scanned copies of your medical documents available to upload at completion of the form
- Upload the VIS or Psychological Learning Assessment, and any other medical information including your SATAC/Year 12 accommodations or other university Access Plan (if relevant)
One of our team members will then contact you to arrange an appointment to meet with a Disability Advisor.
During this appointment the contents of the completed VIS and other documentation will be discussed along with possible accommodations to your study.
If you need assistance to complete the online registration form, please contact us by phone on 08 8313 5962 or by email at email@example.com from Monday to Friday, between 9.00am and 5.00pm.
How to Find Us
Disability Support, Ground Floor, Horace Lamb Building, North Terrace campus [Map Reference: G16].
If you are approaching from Victoria Drive (enter via Gate 9), go south past the Barr Smith lawns using the driveway/walkway on the south-eastern side of the lawns.
Pass the back entrance of the Barr Smith Library and then enter the next building on your right. This is the Horace Lamb Building, and Disability Support is the first door on your right.
If you are unable to use stairs, please follow the directions from Victoria Drive.