Information for Staff
Disability Support can help staff to provide the best possible environment for students.
We can assist you to understand the guiding policies regarding students registered with Disability Support and offer confidential advice on individual student situations. Disability Support is keen to work with University staff to enhance inclusive practices for students with disabilities and medical conditions and avoid any negative impact on their studies. The Disability Advisor (DA) is available as a consultant to this end. You will also find information on Reasonable Adjustments on our Access Plans page.
Other resources for staff
- the 'Teaching and Learning' section of Students with Disabilities: Code of Practice for Australian Tertiary Institutions
- the AVCC Guidelines
- the section of the Disability Discrimination Act that deals with education
- the 'Frequently Asked Questions' page relating to Disability Rights and Education on the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission's website
- Universal Design in Teaching
- CATS (Creative Accessible Teaching & Support)
- DEMOS Project accessible websites
- University of Adelaide website accessibility
- Captions: Improving Access to Postsecondary Education: Professors, students, and IT administrators share the benefits of using captions for videos in postsecondary education. View the video
Further clarification can be obtained from Disability Support.