Funding to Attend Sustainability Events
$20,000 is available annually for undergraduates to attend sustainability-related conferences, seminars and events in Australia and abroad.
Be inspired, build knowledge and start developing your professional network today.
To be eligible for an Ecoversity Award of up to $2,000, the applicant must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate in a sustainability-related degree including, but not limited to, Bachelor of Environmental Policy & Management, Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical & Sustainable Energy), Bachelor of Architectural Design and Bachelor of International Development.
$10,000 is available each semester.
Successful applicants will be required to produce a 1-page report or 60 second video submission within 2 weeks of attending the event, detailing their experience and how the knowledge gained from attendance will benefit their studies. Students may also be asked to participate in promotional activities for future funding rounds.
Read about the experiences of 2016/17 funding recipients.
Applications are being accepted from Friday 10 November 2017 until Friday 9 March 2018.
What Can Funding Be Used For?
Funding can be used for:
- Event registration
- Travel (flights, car hire, public transport)
- Meals and incidentals
Where Can I Go?
The world is your oyster! The intent of the Award is to provide opportunities for undergraduates to increase their knowledge in a professional and extra-curricular capacity, so provided you can give us a compelling argument as to how the experience will benefit your studies and/or future career, your application will be considered. If you are applying for an overseas event, you will need to be even more clear.
Suggested conferences and events in 2017 include:
- Solar Energy Exhibition & Conference (Melbourne, May 2017)
- Renewable Cities Forum (Sydney, June 2017)
- EcoCity World Summit (Melbourne, July 2017)
- Making Cities Liveable Conference (Brisbane, July 2017)
- Clean Energy Summit (Sydney, July 2017)
- All Energy Australia Exhibition and Conference (Melbourne, October 2017)
- Environment Institute of Australia & New Zealand Conference (Wellington NZ, October 2017)
- Environmental Justice Conference (Sydney, November 2017)
- EcoTAS (Hobart, November 2017)
- Australian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS) Conference (Melbourne, November 2017)
- Australian Waste to Energy Forum (Ballarat, February 2018)
How to Apply
- Complete all sections of the Application Form
- Attach any relevant supporting document
- Attach a short letter of recommendation from a Faculty member supporting your application
- Email all documentation in one PDF file to email@example.com. You will be notified by email when your application has been received.
A Panel will assess the applications and applicants will be informed of the outcome by email, within one week of the due date.