ACEBB is a nationally recognised centre of expertise in systematics, evolutionary biology and biodiversity science.
ACEBB is performing as one of the top research groups in the University of Adelaide. A unique strength of ACEBB is the relationship between the SA Museum, State Herbarium and Bioknowledge, South Australian DEWNR and the University of Adelaide. These excellent facilities are seen as the best practice model in Australia.
The Centre's research strengths and themes include:
- Systematics, biogeography and barcoding
- Evolutionary rates and fossil dates
- Gene flow and population history
- Speciation, hybridisation and adaptation
- Biodiversity and conservation science
- Conservation and wildlife molecular forensics
The Conservation Science and Technology Program (CST) delivers innovative technologies to address pressing conservation challenges.
The CST combines research in biodiversity, biosecurity, conservation technologies and research on illegal trade in biological products.
For more information, contact ACEBB Director, Professor Andy Austin