Australian Centre for
The Australian Centre for Evolutionary Biology & Biodiversity is a nationally recognised centre of expertise in systematics, evolutionary biology and biodiversity science.
ACEBB is performing as one of the top research groups in the University of Adelaide.
A unique strength of ACEBB is the relationship between the South Australian Museum, State Herbarium and Bioknowledge, South Australian Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources and the University of Adelaide. These excellent facilities are seen as the best practice model in Australia.
The Centre's research strengths and themes include:
- Systematics, biogeography and barcoding
- Evolutionary rates and fossil dates
- Gene flow and population history
- Speciation, hybridisation and adaptation
- Biodiversity and conservation science
- Conservation and wildlife molecular forensics