For information about existing physical containment facilities, please contact the IBC Secretary.
At all times, certified facilities must meet the requirements specified in their certification instrument and the relevant OGTR facility guidelines.
Suspension of the OGTR certification can be made by written request to the OGTR (via the IBC). Another written request is made to arrange reinstatement of the PC2 status. Confirmation of the reinstatement of the PC2 status must be obtained from the OGTR before any GMO work requiring PC2 level containment can be undertaken in the facility.
Requirements during the suspension period:
- all OGTR signage must be covered or removed;
- no work with GMOs requiring PC2 level containment is to be carried out;
- any GMOs remaining within the facility must be stored in accordance with OGTR guidelines.
To surrender a facility certification, written advice must be given to the OGTR (via the IBC).
Requirements upon surrender:
- the facility must be thoroughly cleaned with appropriate decontamination processes for the particular work that has been undertaken in the facility;
- all GMOs must be removed and destroyed or stored appropriately;
- all OGTR signage must be removed from the facility.
In order to reinstate a surrendered certification, a new application for certification must be completed and submitted.