Motor vehicles are essential to support the University's teaching and research activities. Strategic Procurement work with Faculties & Divisions to ensure their motor vehicle requirements are met.
Motor Vehicle Procedures
Motor Vehicle Procedures have been development to support the University's requirements. These procedures cover the following;
- registration and insurance
- use of University motor vehicles including motor charge cards
- vehicle costs
- use of private motor vehicles on University business
Related Forms & Documentation
- For the purchase of new University motor vehicles - Request for New Motor Vehicle Form
- Disposal of University motor vehicles - Asset & Motor Vehicle Disposal Form
- Use of Private Motor Vehicles on University Business - refer to the Allowances webpage
- Motor Vehicle Log Book Guidelines
As a member of the University Procurement Hub (UPH), the University has access to special deals for corporate vehicles purchased through Mitsubishi and Nissan. For more information and assistance with purchasing University motor vehicles, please contact:
Frances Doyle, Category Manager
Phone: (08) 8313 9851
There is a Motor Vehicle Accident Claim Procedure Guide located in the glovebox of all University vehicles. The Guide has instructions about what to do if you are involved in an accident, and details about how to make a claim; please contact Legal & Risk or visit their website for further information.
The University does not provide roadside assistance but personal roadside assistance memberships may be used for University vehicles.