1. Fereday J, Collins C, Turnbull D, Pincombe J, Oster C. An evaluation of Midwifery Group Practice: Part II: Women's satisfaction. Women & Birth 2009;22:11-16.
2. Geier MS, Torok VA, Allison GE, Ophel-Keller K, Gibson RA, Munday C, Hughes RJ. Dietary omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid does not influence the intestinal microbial communities of broiler chickens. Poult Sci 2009;88:2399-405. IF 1.673 [Agriculture, Dairy & Animal Science 8/49]
3. German JB, Gibson RA, Krauss RM, Nestel P, Lamarche B, Van Staveren WA, Steijns JM, de Groot LC, Lock AL, Destaillats F. A reappraisal of the impact of dairy foods and milk fat on cardiovascular disease risk. Eur J Nutr 2009;48:191-203. IF 2.866 [Nutrition & Dietetics 18/66]
4. Gibson RA, Barclay D, Marshall H, Moulin H, Marie J-C, Makrides M. Safety of supplementing infant formula with long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and Bifidobacterium lactis in term infants: a randomized controlled trial. Brit J Nutr 2009;101:1706-1713. IF 3.446 [Nutrition & Dietetics 11/66]
5. Gibson RA, Makrides M, Smithers LG, Voevodin M, Sinclair AJ. The effect of dairy foods on coronary heart disease: a systematic review of prospective cohort studies. Br J Nutr 2009;102:1267-75. IF 3.446 [Nutrition & Dietetics 11/66]
6. Makrides M. Is there a dietary requirement for DHA in pregnancy? Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2009;81:171-174. IF 2.530 [Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 149/283]
7. Makrides M, Gibson RA, McPhee A, Collins C, Davis P, Doyle L, Simmer K, Colditz P, Morris S, Smithers L, Willson K, Ryan P. Neurodevelopmental outcome of preterm infants fed high-dose docosahexaenoic acid: a randomised controlled trial. JAMA 2009;301:175-82. IF 28.899 [Medicine, General & Internal 3/132]
8. Poppitt SD, Howe CA, Lithander FE, Silvers KM, Lin RB, Croft J, Ratnasabapathy Y, Gibson RA, Anderson CS. Effects of moderate-dose omega-3 fish oil on cardiovascular risk factors and mood after ischemic stroke: a randomized, controlled trial. Stroke. 2009;40:3485-92. IF 7.041 [Clinical Neurology 5/167]
9. Tooley K, El-Merhibi A, Cummins A, Grose R, Lymn K, DeNichilo M, Penttila IA. Maternal milk but not formula regulates the immune response to β-lactoglobulin in allergy-prone rat pups. J Nutr 2009;139:2145-2151.
10. Tooley KL, Howarth GS, Butler RN, Lymn KA and Penttila IA. The effects of formula feeding on physiological and immunological parameters in the gut of neonatal rats. Dig Dis Sci 2009;54:1432-39. IF 1.838 [Gastroenterology & Hepatology 36/65]
11. Turnbull D, Baghurst P, Collins CT, Cornwell C, Nixon A, Donnelan-Fernandez R, Antoniou G. An evaluation of Midwifery Group Practice. Part I: Clinical effectiveness. Women and Birth 2009; 22:3-9.
12. Zhou SJ, Gibson RA, Crowther CA, Makrides M. Should we lower the does of iron when treating anaemia in pregnancy? - A randomised dose response trial. Eur J Clin Nutr 2009:63:183-90. IF 2.866 [Nutrition & Dietetics 18/66]
13. Collins CT. Cochrane Review summary: Sucrose for analgesia in newborn infants undergoing painful procedures. Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing journal 2010;13:22-3.
14. Collins CT. Cochrane Review summary: Antibiotics for acute otitis media. Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing Journal 2010;13:24-5.
15. Collins CT, Chua MC, Rajadurai VS, McPhee AJ, Miller LN, Gibson RA, Makrides M. A higher protein and energy intake improves weight gain in preterm infants. J Paediatr Child H 2010;46:96-102. IF 1.138 [Pediatrics 59/94]
16. Collins CT, Fereday J, Pincombe J, Oster C, Turnbull D. An evaluation of the satisfaction of midwives working in Midwifery Group Practice. Midwifery 2010;26;435-41. IF 1.163 [Nursing 19/72]
17. Gregory MK, See VH, Gibson RA, Schuller KA. Cloning and functional characterisation of a fatty acyl elongase from southern bluefin tuna (Thunnus maccoyii). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 2010;155:178-85. IF 1.607 [Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 208/283]
18. Mannix T, Collins CT. Cochrane Review summary: Preoperative fasting for preventing perioperative complications in children. Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing 2010;13:27-28
19. Makrides M, Gibson RA, McPhee AJ, Yelland L, Quinlivan J, Ryan P. Effect of DHA Supplementation during pregnancy on maternal depression & neurodevelopment of young children. JAMA 2010;304:1675-1683. IF 28.899 [Medicine, General & Internal 3/132]
20. Metcalf RG, Cleland LG, Gibson RA, Roberts-Thomson KC, Edwards JR, Sanders P, Stuklis R, James MJ, Young GD. Relation between blood and atrial fatty acids in patients undergoing cardiac bypass surgery. Am J Clin Nutr 2010;91:528-34. IF 6.307 [Nutrition & Dietetics 3/66]
21. Muhlhausler BS, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Effect of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid supplementation during pregnancy or lactation on infant and child body composition: a systematic review. Am J Clin Nutr 2010;92:857-63. IF 6.307 [Nutrition & Dietetics 3/66]
22. Penttila IA. Milk-derived transforming growth factor-beta and the infant immune response. J Pediatr 2010;156:S21-25. IF 4.092 [Pediatrics 4/94]
23. Smithers LG, Collins CT, Simmonds L, Gibson RA, McPhee A, Makrides M. Feeding preterm infants milk with a higher dose of DHA than used in current practice does not influence language or behavior in childhood: a follow up study of a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2010; 91:628-34. IF 6.307 [Nutrition & Dietetics 3/66]
24. Smithers LG, Makrides M, Gibson RA. Human milk fatty acids from lactating mother of preterm infants: a study revealing wide intra- and inter-individual variation. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2010;83:9-13. IF 2.530 [Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 149/283]
25. Tu W-C, Gibson RA, Omega 3 long chain fatty acid synthesis is regulated more by substrate levels than gene expression. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2010;83:61-8. IF 2.530 [Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 149/283]
26. Belfort M, Rifas-Shiman S, Sullivan T, Collins C, McPhee A, Ryan P, Kleinman K, Gillman M, Gibson R, Makrides M. Infant growth before and after term: effects on neurodevelopment in preterm infants. Pediatrics 2011;128:e899-e906.
27. Collins CT, Gibson RA, Makrides M. The DINO trial - challenges for translation into clinical practice. Lipid Tech 2011;23:200-202.
28. Collins CT, Makrides M, Gibson RA, McPhee AJ, Davis P, Doyle L, Simmer K, Colditz P, Morris S, Sullivan T, Ryan P. Pre and post term growth in preterm infants supplemented with higher dose DHA: a randomised controlled trial. Brit J Nutr 2011;105:1635-1643.
29. Farquharson AL, Metcalf RG, Sanders P, Stuklis R, Edwards JR, Gibson RA, Cleland LG, Sullivan TR, James MJ, Young GD. Effect of dietary fish oil on atrial fibrillation after cardiac surgery. Am J Cardiol 2011; 108:851-6.
30. Fong L, Muhlhausler B, Gibson RA, Xian CJ. Effects of maternal dietary supplementation of omega-3 fatty acids during pregnancy and lactation on offspring's bone growth and adult bone mass. Bone 2011;48:S166-S167.
31. Gibson RA, Muhlhausler B, Makrides M. Conversion of linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid to long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFA), with focus on pregnancy, lactation and the first two years of life. Matern Child Nutr 2011;7 Suppl 2:17-26.
32. Gibson RA, Makrides M. α-linolenate reduces the dietary requirement for linoleate in the growing rat. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2011;85:403-4.
33. Gregory MK, Gibson RA, Cook-Johnson RJ, Cleland LG, James MJ. Elongase reactions as control points in long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid synthesis. PLoS ONE 2011;6:e29662.
34. Gregory MK, King HW, Bain PA, Gibson RA, Tocher DR, Schuller KA. Development of a fish cell culture model to investigate the impact of fish oil replacement on lipid peroxidation. Lipids 2011;46:753-64.
35. Gregory MK, Lester SE, Cook-Johnson RJ, Gibson RA, Proudman SM, Cleland LG, James MJ. Fatty acid desaturase 2 promoter mutation is not responsible for Δ6-desaturase deficiency. Eur J Hum Genet 2011;19:1202-1204.
36. Makrides M, Collins CT, Gibson RA. Impact of fatty acid status on neurobehavioral development and growth in humans. Matern Child Nutr 2011;7 Suppl 2:80-8.
37. Manley BJ, Makrides M, Collins CT, McPhee AJ, Gibson RA, Ryan P, Sullivan T, Davis PG. High Dose DHA Supplementation of Preterm Infants: Respiratory and Allergy outcomes. Pediatrics 2011;128:e71-e78. IF 1.768 [Pediatrics 34/94]
38. Mannix T, Collins CT. Cochrane Review summary: ‘Positioning for acute respiratory distress in hospitalised infants and children.' Neonatal, Paediatric Child Health Nursing 2011;14:28-9.
39. Muhlhausler BS, Hancock SN, Bloomfield FH, Harding R. Are twins growth restricted? Peditr Res 2011;70:117-122.
40. Muhlhausler BS, Gibson RA, Makrides M. The effect of maternal omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acid (n-3 LCPUFA) supplementation during pregnancy and/or lactation on body fat mass in the offspring: A systematic review of animal studies. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2011;85:83-8.
41. Muhlhausler BS, Miljkovic D, Fong L, Duthoit E, Gibson RA. Maternal omega-3 supplementation increases fat mass in male and female rat offspring. Front Gene 2011;2:48 [1-10].
42. Muhlhausler BS, Ong ZY. The fetal origins of obesity: maternal overnutrition and the programming of food intake Endocrine. Endocr Metab Immune Disord Drug Targets, 2011 1:189-97
43. Ong ZY, Muhlhausler BS. Maternal "junk-food" feeding of rat dams alters food choices and development of the mesolimbic reward pathway in the offspring. FASEB J 2011;25:2167-79.
44. Reid J, Collins CT. Cochrane Review summary: ‘Banked preterm human milk to promote growth and development in very low birth weight infants.' Neonatal, Paediatric and Child Health Nursing 2011;14:27-28.
45. Smith CA, Collins CT, Crowther CA, Levett KM. Acupuncture or acupressure for pain management in labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011;Issue 7. Art. No.: CD009232. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009232.
46. Smith CA, Collins CT, Crowther CA. Aromatherapy for pain management in labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2011;Issue 7. Art. No.: CD009215. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009215.
47. Smith CA, Levett KM, Collins CT, Jones L. Massage, reflexology and other manual methods for pain management in labour. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2011;Issue 9. Art.No.:CD009290. DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD009290.
48. Smithers LG, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Maternal supplementation with docosahexaenoic acid during pregnancy does not affect early visual development in the infant: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2011 Jun;93:1293-1299.
49. Yelland LN, Slater AB, Ryan P, Makrides M. Analysis of Randomised Trials Including Multiple Births: When should clustering be taken into account? Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 2011;25:283-97.
50. El-Merhibi A, Lymn K, Kanter I, Penttila IA. Early oral ovalbumin exposure during maternal milk feeding prevents spontaneous allergic sensitization in allergy-prone rat pups. Clin Dev Immunol 2012, 2012:396232.
51. Fauser JK, Donato RP, Woenig JA, Proctor SJ, Trotta AP, Grover PK, Howarth GS, Penttila IA, Cummins AG. Wnt blockade with dickkopf reduces intestinal crypt fission and intestinal growth in infant rats. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2012;55:26-31
52. Fong L, Muhlhausler BS, Gibson RA, Xian CJ. Perinatal maternal dietary supplementation of ω3-fatty acids transiently affects bone marrow microenvironment, osteoblast and osteoclast formation, and bone mass in make offspring. Endocrinology 2012;153:2455-65.
53. Gan W, Guan Y, Qain W, Peng A, Zhu J, Lu L, Jing L, Yu Y, Ruan S, Xie D, Makrides M, Gibson RA, Anderson GJ, Li H, Lin X, Wang F. Association of TMPRSS6 polymorphisms with ferritin, hemoglobin and type 2 diabetes risk in a Chinese Han population. Am J Clin Nutr 2012;95:626-632.
54. Gunaratne AW, Makrides M, Collins CT. Maternal prenatal and/or postnatal n-3 fish oil supplementation for preventing allergies in early childhood [12/09/2012 in The Cochrane Library, Issue 9, 2012].
55. Goldberg E, Gakhar N, Ryland D, Aliani M, Gibson RA, House J. Fatty acid profile and sensory characteristics of table eggs from laying hens fed hemp seed and hemp seed oil. J Food Sci 2012;77:S153-60.
56. Kartikasari LR, Hughes RJ, Geier MS, Makrides M, Gibson RA. Dietary alpha-linolenic acid enhances omega-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids levels in chicken tissues. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2012;87:103-9
57. Miller J, Makrides M, Gibson RA, McPhee AJ, Stanford TE, Morris S, Ryan P, Collins CT. Effect of increasing the protein content of human milk fortifier on growth in preterm infants born <31 wk gestation: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2012;95:648-655.
58. Ong ZY, Gugusheff JR, Muhlhausler BS. Perinatal overnutrition and the programming of food preferences: pathyways and mechanisms. Journal of Developmental Origins of Health and Disease 2012; pp 1-10
59. Palmer DJ, Sullivan T, Gold MS, Prescott SL, Heddle R, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Effect of n-3 long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFA) supplementation in pregnancy on infant allergies in the first year of life. BMJ 2012;344:e184
60. Palmer DJ, Makrides M. Introducing solid foods to preterm infants in developed countries. Ann Nutr Metab2012:60 Suppl 2:31-8.
61. Piteo AM, Yelland LN, Makrides M. Does maternal depression predict developmental outcome in 18 month old infants? Early Human Development 2012;88:651-655.
62. Skeaff S, Zhao Y, Gibson RA, Makrides M, Zhou SJ. Iodine status in pre-school children prior to mandatory iodine fortification in Australia. Matern Child Nutr 2012; May 29 [e-pub ahead of print].
63. Tu WC, Muhlhausler BS, James MJ, Stone DA, Gibson RA. An alternative n-3 fatty acid elongation pathway utilising 18:3n-3 in barramundi (LATES calcarifer). Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2012;423:176-82.
64. Tu WC, Cook-Johnson R, James M, Muhlhausler BS, Stone DAJ, Gibson RA. Barramundi (Lates calcarifer) desaturase with âˆ†6/âˆ†8 dual activities. Biotechnol Lett 2012;34:1283-96.
65. Zhou SJ, Yelland LN, McPhee AJ, Quinlivan J, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Fish oil supplementation in pregnancy does not reduce the risk of gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia. Am J Clin Nutr 2012;95:1378-84.
66. Zhou SJ, Gibson RA, Gibson RS, Makrides M. Nutrient intakes and status of preschool children in Australia. MJA 2012;196:696-700.
Ahead of print
67. Atwell K, Collins CT, Sullivan TR, Ryan P, Gibson RA, Makrides M, McPhee AJ. Respiratory hospitalisation of infants supplemented with DHA as preterm neonates. J Paediatr Child Health 2013;49:E17-E22.
68. Collins CT, Reid J, Makrides M, Lingwood BE, McPhee AJ, Morris SA, Gibson RA, Ward LC. Prediction of body water compartments in preterm infants by bioelectrical impedance spectroscopy. Eur J Clin Nutr 2013;67:S47-S53.
69. Gibson RA, Neumann MA, Lien EL, Boyd KA, Tu WC. Docosahexaenoic acid synthesis from alpha-linolenic acid is inhibited by diets high in polyunsaturated fatty acids. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2013;88:139-46.
70. Gould JF, Smithers LG, Makrides M. The effect of maternal omega-3 (n-3) LCPUFA supplementation during pregnancy on early childhood cognitive and visual development: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr 2013;97:531-44.
71. Gregory MK, Geier MS, Gibson RA, James MJ. Functional Characterization of the Chicken Fatty Acid Elongases. J Nutr 2013;143:12-6.
72. Koletzko B, Bhutta ZA, Cruchet WCS, El Guindi M, Fuchs GJ, Goddard EA, van Goudoever JB, Quak SH, Kulkarni B, Makrides M, Ribeorp H, Walker A. Compositional requirements of follow-up formula for use in infancy. Recommendations of an International Expert Group coordinated by the Early Nutrition Academy (ENA). Ann Nutr Metabol 2013;62:44-54.
73. Makrides M. DHA supplementation during the perinatal period and neurodevelopment: do some babies benefit more than others? Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2013;88:87-90.
74. Muhlhausler BS, Ailhaud GP. Omega-6 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFA) and the Early Origins of Obesity. Current Opinions in Endocrinology and Diabetes 2013;20:56-61.
75. Tannock G, Lawley B, Munro K, Pathmanathan SG, Zhou SJ, Makrides M, Gibson RA, Sullivan T, Prosser CG, Lowrey D, Hodgkinson AJ. Composition of the stool microbiotas of infants fed goat milk in comparison to cow milk-based formulas, or breast milk. Appl Environ Microbiol 2013, Mar 1 [Epub ahead of print]
76. Tu WC, Muhlhausler BS, Yelland LN, Gibson RA. Correlations between blood and tissue omega-3 LCPUFA status following dietary ALA intervention in rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2013;88:53-60.
77. Tu WC, Muhlhausler BS, James MJ, Stone DA, Gibson RA. Dietary alpha-linolenic acid does not enhance accumulation of omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in barramundi (Lates calcarifer). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;164:29-37.85.