Supporting capacity building for research on improving market integration for dairy production systems in Indonesia
The project aims to strengthen the capacity of Indonesian research partners to carry out and use applied research to inform agricultural policy and programs aimed at improving smallholder participation in value-chain upgrading and productivity-enhancing programs.
The project provides research training, mentoring and experience for Indonesian researchers enhancing their ability to undertake dairy value-chain analysis, farm household survey and farm production systems analysis in Indonesia;
The project is led by Associate Professor Wendy Umberger and funded by the Australian Centre for International Agriculture Research (ACIAR).
- Presentation Documents
First Workshop Presentations
Second Workshop PresentationsFinal Workshop Presentations
- Macro environment changes and their impacts on value chain development in Indonesian agriculture sector (Arief Daryanto and Sahara)
- Value chain field research (Tom Reardon)
- Challenges and emerging opportunities to develop horticulture value chains in Indonesia (Idha Arsanti)
- The Indonesian dairy supply chain (Brad Granzin)
- Mapping the value chain (Wendy Umberger)
- Governance, coordination, regulations and control (Risti Permani)
- Upgrading opportunities (Dale Yi)
- Analysing costs and margins (Brad Granzin)
- Value chain synthesis and analysis to inform policy, stakeholders and program design (Arief Daryanto)
- Sampling, questionnaire and interview design (Risti Permani)
- Group 1 Presentation: Factors affecting profitability and efficiency of dairy value chains (case study: KPS Cianjur Utara)
- Group 1 Presentation: Factors affecting profitability and efficiency of dairy value chains (case study: KPS Giri Tani))
- Change in smallholder dairy farms, 2010-2014 (Risti Permani)
- FGDs on dairy VC’s efficiency and profitability (Brad Granzin)
- Designing extension programs (Zita Ritchie)
- Extension program in Indonesia (Desianto Utomo)
- Project Partners
Project partners include:
- Bogor Agricultural University
- The Indonesian Centre for Agriculture Socio-Economic, and Policy Studies (ICASEPS)
- The Indonesian Centre for Animal Research and Development (ICARD)
- Department of Environment and Primary Industries (DEPI) Victoria
- “Capacity building for research: Promoting inclusive development of agricultural value chain”, 1-3 September 2014, IPB International Convention Centre, Bogor, Indonesia.
- “Capacity building for research: Promoting inclusive development of agricultural value chain”, 27-30 October 2014, MB IPB, Bogor, Indonesia.
- Final Workshop: “Capacity building for research: Promoting inclusive development of agricultural value chain”, 17 February 2015, MB IPB, Bogor, Indonesia.
- Photo Gallery