First Year Students
Interested in spending part of your University of Adelaide degree overseas? Participating in a Global Learning Experience is a great way to break up your degree, see the world, diversify your studies and add an edge to your CV.
If you have just commenced at University, it can be a bit daunting to start thinking about how you will get overseas and gain credit for it!
What can I do?
Photo by @teenytahney via Instagram
Our Program Options page will give you an idea of what kinds of programs are available. When considering your options, you'll need to know what's possible within your degree. Some degrees are more restrictive, so Medicine, Nursing or Veterinary Bioscience students (for example) may find that overseas placements are more likely to work for them than an exchange semester.
When can I do it?
Most international study programs will require that you have finished a certain amount of study at the University of Adelaide before you can participate. This doesn't mean that you can't start planning early!
If you are interested in a study tour or an independent program, have a look at the specific requirements for your program. One or two semesters of study may be enough for your application.
Exchange program requirements vary by partner, and you'll need to check whether your preferred institutions require 12 units (1 semester) completed at the time of application, or 24 units (1 year) completed. The exchange application process takes place over several months, so you might be able to start preparing to apply earlier than you think. Read the Exchange page thoroughly for more information.
How can I find out more about Global Learning Experiences?
- Attend one of our Information Sessions during the semester
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on all things Global Learning, and find out about special events and opportunities for students
- Read our blog to see students' experiences as written through their eyes
- Connect with your Faculty or School if they have blogs, facebook, or any other media through which you can find out about Faculty-specific programs
- Join the Exchange Student Network to meet other students interested in overseas study
Photo by @jackbokeh via Instagram