Adelaide Graduate Research Scholarships (AGRS)
A number of AGRS Scholarships may be available for international students from any country, who have recently graduated from the University of Adelaide, to undertake postgraduate research at the University of Adelaide in semester 2, 2013.
In order to be eligible for consideration a student must:
- be completing their four year undergraduate degree including first class honours in a research based honours program at the University of Adelaide* in semester 1, 2013 OR have completed the above in 2012;
- OR be completing their masters degree** with a sufficient research component to be approved by the Research Education Development Committee as a degree acceptable for entry to the PhD (refer to the Academic Program Rules) at the University of Adelaide in semester 1, 2013 OR have completed the above in 2012;
- be eligible to enrol as a commencing student in a full-time postgraduate research program at the University of Adelaide by 30 November 2013;
- be an international student; and
- not be currently enrolled in the higher degree by research program at the University of Adelaide for which the student is applying for a scholarship.
- Currently enrolled PhD students and applicants who applied in previous international scholarship rounds are not eligible to apply again.
*This will be deemed to cover students who have completed all of their education at Adelaide and where the committee considers it appropriate students who have completed a lesser period of time but including the honours year.
** Students undertaking a coursework masters degree will be required to obtain an overall grade of Distinction with not less than a High Distinction in their research component(s) to be eligible for AGRS scholarships.
Recipients MUST be able to commence their research program by 30 November 2013. Under no circumstances can the scholarship be deferred to 2014.
The offer of a scholarship is contingent upon a student not being offered another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, The University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor. The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of a scholarship at any time prior to enrolment if it is advised that an awardee has been offered a scholarship equal to or in excess of the financial value of the award offered by the University.
Benefits are payment of full tuition fees for the normal duration of the program and an annual living allowance ($24,653 in 2013). The allowance will be paid for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only). No other allowances will be paid. The scholarship does not provide an OSHC allowance.
12 April 2013. We strongly recommend that all applicants submit their application and all required documents to the Adelaide Graduate Centre well before the closing date. Incomplete applications at the scholarship application deadline will not be considered for a scholarship.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application by 31 July 2013.