Career and Development for Professional Staff Managers
Individual career development is a critical part of the Planning, Development and Review (PDR) process. It is an opportunity for managers to actively encourage and support staff in their career planning, and provide opportunities to explore career pathways. Effective career and development conversations improve staff job satisfaction, boost engagement and productivity, retain talent, and strengthen the succession pipeline.
This program will cover:
- Understanding the modern concept of of career as well as the performance continuum
- Working with a range of models, to plan for individual development needs and team development needs
- Exploring learning methodologies aligned to the 70:20:10 principle and different learning preferences
- Exploring the concept of coaching to build capability and being a coaching leader
- Using a Development Conversation Process to apply learnings and practice a development conversation using one’s own example.
This workshop will provide managers with the opportunity to:
- Review and modify current approaches to career and development
- Explore a range of learning and development models to enhance individual and team development planning
- Develop strategies and tools for identifying the diverse skills and capabilities of team members
- Explore the concept of coaching to build capability and being a coaching leader
- Practice the skills required to optimise the value of development conversations
This workshop is to all managers who are responsible for holding PDR conversations with professional staff. There will be limited places available, please register using the online registration form under 'Workshop Details'.
Veronica is Director of VLee HRM Consulting, established in 2005 to partner with organisations in developing and facilitating implementation of practical people management and development solutions. Veronica brings to her consultancy work extensive experience gained overseas and in Australia in leadership from front line supervision and project management to executive leadership.
She has worked in the university sector throughout her career and her consulting clients encompass a range of Government sector agencies, the university sector, private sector small to medium businesses. Her key areas of specialty and passion are: building productive teams, developing values-based workplace cultures, developing individual and team capability, leadership performance and career coaching, change management, and performance development.
Veronica is a very experienced and enthusiastic facilitator, who enjoys sharing her own learning as well as hearing about the experiences of others in the workplace. She is a sessional facilitator with the Queensland University of Technology and has previously been an adjunct lecturer in People Management at Flinders University and at the Australian Institute of Management SA. She holds several management qualifications and is accredited in a range of tools including the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).
There will be limited places available for this workshop. Please register using the online registration form below.
Thursday 26 October 2017
For more information about registering through Administer Training please refer to the Quick Reference Guide.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.