Accurium & ICFS SMSF Retirement Essentials Course
Retirement is different to accumulation. Accumulation is about savings and is investment based whereas retirement is about spending and is cash flow based. There are more risks in retirement and the same risks in accumulation have a greater impact on retirees. This one (1 ) day workshop will look at the differences between accumulation and retirement and the additional risks faced by retirees.
- Who should enrol?
This workshop will help accountants and other SMSF service providers to enable their retired SMSF clients to manage their cash flows (retirement income) from their SMSF to meet income needs in retirement.
- About this program
The course will be conducted over a full day and will run in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
Please visit www.accurium.com.au/smsf-services/education to find out the upcoming dates for your nearest location
The aim of this workshop is to enable you to:
- distinguish between accumulation and retirement advice
- describe the risks faced by retirees and the impact on retirement outcomes
- determine income needs and capital requirements of retirees
- be aware of social security entitlements and recognize opportunities to maximise entitlements
- construct retirement income portfolios to meet retiree needs and reduce the retirement risks
- understand the aged care options available and identify where important decisions need to be made
- What topics are covered?
- Role of the SMSF in retirement
- Retiree needs and risks
- Age Pension and other social security considerations
- Building a retirement portfolio
- Cashflow and capital adequacy
- Preparing for older ages
- Where and when can I study?
Please visit www.accurium.com.au/smsf/education to find out the upcoming dates for your nearest location
- Who Accredits this program?
The SMSF Association
This program provides 8 SMSFA CPD points
Financial Planning Association of Australia
The Accurium & ICFS SMSF Retirement Essentials Course has been accredited for continuing professional development by the Financial Planning Association of Australia but does not constitute FPA's endorsement of the activity.
Accreditation number 007721 for 7 hours.
Capability (3.5 hours)
Critical Thinking (3.5 hours)
SMSF (7 hours)
- How much does it cost?
The cost of the SMSF Retirement Essentials course is $495 incl. GST which includes all course materials and catering.
- How do I enrol?
If you are interested in this course or would like more information around what this course offers, find out more today.