Exchange - Fast Facts
To gain admission to our exchange program all international applicants must:
- be an undergraduate or postgraduate student nominated by your home university that has an official exchange partnership agreement in place with the University of Adelaide
- have completed at least one year (or equivalent) of tertiary-level study achieving a 3.0/4.0 minimum GPA (or B/Credit average)
- meet the English Language Requirements
- meet any prerequisites shown for the particular courses you choose. You can find the prerequisites by clicking the title of the course in the Course Outline listing.
- 3 or 4 undergraduate or postgraduate courses for 1 or 2 semesters.
- Summer or Winter school courses run outside semester time (3 - 4 weeks intensive mode) if permitted in the exchange agreement.
Please see our current exchange partner listing to find out if your university has an exchange partner agreement in place with us.
Exchange students remain enrolled with their home institution and continue to pay tuition fees to their home institution. Tuition fees at the University of Adelaide are waived.
Whilst Exchange students do not incur tuition fees, they still have to pay for their living expenses and some Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
To see a breakdown of costs associated with Exchange, visit the Fees page of our website.
An official University of Adelaide transcript will be issued to you. Work completed can be credited back to your home degree, but it is your responsibility to contact the a course advisor at your home institution to discuss credit transfer.
Steps to Apply
Contact the Study Abroad & Exchange Office at your university and they will liaise with The University of Adelaide to arrange the exchange arrangement on your behalf. To learn about the application process view our Steps to Apply.
Most Study Abroad & Exchange students apply for a Student Visa. However, you must have received your confirmation of enrolment from the University before making a Student Visa application.
Working Holiday Visas (WHV) are also available to Study Abroad & Exchange students from certain countries. Check with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to find out which visa best suits you.
For more information on visa applications, visit our Visa page or the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website. Please note the University of Adelaide has no involvement in visa applications, they are completed by the student through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
To fulfil Australian Student Visa requirements, Exchange students need to be enrolled in at least 3 courses (9 units) at the University of Adelaide.
The Australian Government occasionally offer scholarships to Exchange students. Please contact your home university for more information.