Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy
The University's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy works within and alongside the Integrated Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Strategy; the University's Strategic Plan 2013–2023 'Beacon of Enlightenment'; and the University's Enterprise Agreement.
The strategy aims to increase the participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples at the University of Adelaide through the offering of employment opportunities and cadetships, and sets a bold population parity target of 2% participation by 2023. The strategy also promotes the retention and advancement of the University's current Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff through scholarships and professional development opportunities and activities.
The University's guiding principles to enhance Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment outcomes include:
- recognition and value of the diversity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, knowledges, experiences, histories and geographical locations
- recognition and inclusion of prior learning and life experiences relating to the transfer of skills relevant to specific positions
- respect for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledge systems and processes and recognition of the significant contribution of this knowledge to the University
- equity of access for recruitment, retention, selection and promotion, in both mainstream and designated career pathways
- a workplace free of racism, sexism, and ethnocentrism for a formalised process of dealing with these matters.
For further information contact Ms Kelly Maxwell, email@example.com.