The breadth of research conducted by IPAS members is categorised under six Research Themes, each led by a pair of Theme Leaders who are knowledgeable of the science and research programs within the Theme.
The role of the Theme Leaders is to:
- Advocate for the needs arising from the Theme
- To develop strategies to grow opportunities for the Theme
- Facilitate action within the Theme
- Facilitating opportunities between IPAS Themes
- Endorsing applications for internal IPAS Schemes
- Organising annual Theme events
In 2013 our scientists published 144 peer reviewed journal papers and 18 invited talks.
IPAS has a program of Talking Papers which aim to make our science accessible. These articles are accompanied by audio interviews with the key scientists working on these projects.