|1.06 E-mail services|
|This service provides personal and group e-mail services. The service includes filtering to provide protection from spam and electronic viruses.|
|The service provides:
This service includes:
- Personal inboxes for staff using POP & IMAP protocols.
- Personal inboxes for students with access to other collaboration features.
- Mailboxes for role-based accounts.
- Mailboxes for visitors.
- The application of quotas to all individual mailboxes, with quota allocations based on role.
- Group e-mail services.
- Web-based access to mail for staff.
- A sign-up service to Google apps for students.
- An alternate forwarding service for students not using Google.
- Spam and anti-virus filtering.
Please note this service does not include:
- Maintenance and upgrades to staff, group, spam and anti-virus environments.
- Escalated technical support for staff, group, spam and anti-virus environments
- The escalation of incidents related to students to an external provider.
- Liaison with external service providers.
- A process that enables students not formally signed up to use the University service to provide a forwarding e-mail address.
- A process for quota increases.
- A process for the creation of new e-mail groups.
- A process for creating a designate inbox.
- A process for restoring data for staff.
- A process for deleting e-mail services when staff, students and visitors no longer have a relationship with the University.
- Capacity and disaster recovery planning.
- Technical support for the student e-mail environment. This is provided by a Third Party.
- The ability to restore data for students.
- Capacity and disaster recovery planning for the student e-mail environment.
|This service is available for:
Postgraduate Research students
|Service offerings and variations:
||Mailboxs are provisioned with the following quotas:
Individual - Staff/Postgraduate Research students/Titleholders - 1Gb
Individual - Students (on Google Apps) - 7Gb
Individual - Visitor/designate - 50Mb
||Costs apply to quota increases for staff, postgraduate research students, titleholders and visitor/designate accounts.
|Service conditions, support and availability:|
|Standard Support Hours.|
Critical systems support - Level 1
Individual inboxes allocated automatically on commencement for staff.
Students have the option to sign-up to Google apps (accepting terms and conditions) or alternatively, provide a forwarding address.
The restore service for staff is designed and resourced with the objective of protecting critical business data.
Access is governed by Identity Management rules for account provisioning.
Mailbox quotas are governed by the University Information and Communications Technology Committee.
|Refer to the e-mail website for more information on e-mail services.|
Service owner: Manager, Production Services