|1.07 Electronic file storage|
|This service provides individuals and groups with secure space on the network where electronic files can be saved and shared.|
|This service includes:
Please note this service does not include:
- Provisioning of individual and group shared file space with quotas applied where applicable.
- Remote access to individual and group file spaces.
- A process for the creation of group file space by request.
- A process for the self-restoration of deleted files.
- Quota increases upon request and an associated charging process.
- Approved restores from backup upon request.
- Server-based virus scanning.
- Capacity planning and usage monitoring.
- Lifecycle management of infrastructure.
- Options for low cost storage.
- A process for deleing file storage when staff, students and visitors no longer have a relationship with the University.
- Support for any local storage and devices (eg. C: drive and USB devices).
- Support for personally owned external storage devices.
- Support for business areas providing the service locally, supported by a local computing officer.
|This service is available for:
||Research and Academic staff
Postgraduate Research students
Postgraduate coursework students
|Service offerings and variations:
||Storage is provisioned with the following quotas:
Individual - Research and Academic staff - 50Gb
Individual - Professional staff - 5Gb
Individual - Students - 5Gb
Shared - staff/pg research students - 300Mb/FTE
Shared - students - 50Mb/FTE
Individual - visitors - 250Mb
The option of low cost storage is also available with and without backup.
||Options are available to increase capacity in individual and shared allocations.
|Service conditions, support and availability:|
|Standard Support Hours.|
Critical Systems Support - Level 2.
Individual space is provisioned automatically on commencement.
Workgroup space is provisioned by request.
Self-service for restoration of files is available for 3 days (groups) and 5 days (individuals).
Storage quotas are governed by the University Information and Communications Technology Committee.
|Refer to the file storage website.|
Service owner: Manager, Production Services