|1.11 Desktop environment for students|
|This service provides end-to-end lifecycle support for desktops required to deliver an effective desktop computing environment for students on campus in learning and teaching and general purpose suites.|
|This service includes:
Please note this service does not include:
- Provision of consulting services for the desktop environment for students.
- The procurement of hardware through preferred suppliers.
- Maintaining a register of supported student desktop environments.
- Management of a standard operating environment for student desktop environments.
- A process for negotiating requirements with the owners of supported facilities.
- Onsite support and maintenance of student desktop environments.
- The monitoring and reporting of the quantative usage of student suites.
- Escalated fault resolution from the service desk.
- Upgrades to installed software.
- Virus checking and security patching.
- Diagnosis and logging of warranty jobs.
- Lifecycle funding for hardware which is the responsibility of the area that owns the facility.
- Support for student and specialist shared environments not included on the register of supported venues.
- Desktops personally owned by students.
- Support for non-standard hardware purchased by the area that owns the facility.
- Support for non-standard operating environments.
- Support for the use of applications delivered in the student desktop operating environment.
- Funding of software licenses which is the responsibility of the area that owns the facility with the exception of those available through Foundation services.
- Signage and furnishings within the environments.
- Responsibility for security services, both managing access and cameras.
- A permanent onsite presence is not provided.
- Induction with students except that provided through the orientation service (ref 1.04).
|This service is available for:
IT Associate Deans
University Contact Centre
Student Accommodation Services
Adelaide University Union
|Service offerings and variations:
||Standard operating environments are available in the following platforms:
For more information on these environments please contact the service desk.
||Optional service offerings
||The standard operating environment for Windows is fully funded under Foundation Services.
Costs apply to standard operating environments for:
|Service conditions, support and availability:|
|Standard Support Hours.|
Critical systems support - Level 2.
The schedule of supported facilities is governed by the University Information and Communications Technology Committee.
Service owner: Manager, Customer Service