|2.01 Application Design and Development service|
|This service provides expertise to design and develop new applications, or significant new functionality for existing applications, within application development environments that have been adopted by the University.
More information about the applications supported by Technology Services can be found in the Business applications register.|
|Application design and development services are generally associated with major upgrades and new application services and are expected to be conducted as a formal project.|
This service includes:
Please note this service does not include:
- Technical advice to business areas, Business Analysts and project managers regarding requirements.
- Liaison with technical specialists (including Solution and Enterprise Architects) regarding architecture and infrastructure changes or requirements.
- Significant customisations and upgrades to third party applications through vendor tools and API's.
- Design and development services associated with new in-house custom built applications.
- Unit testing and quality assurance of development work.
- Performance and load testing by negotiation.
- Project management and Business Analysis services associated with delivery of new applications and functionality.
- User acceptance testing.
- Training of application users in new applications or functionality.
- Funding of significant infrastructure changes associated with enhanced functionality.
|This service is available for:
||Business application owners
|Service offerings and variations:
||Full cost recovery
||Cost recovery through projects.
|Service conditions, support and availability:|
|Subject to resource availability.|
Assumes that projects are fully funded.
Service owner: Manager, Application Services