|2.02 Application Support|
|This service provides delivery and support of business applications used by University staff and students, including resolution of technical issues.
More information about the applications supported by Technology Services can be found in the Business applications register.|
|Applications that meet Foundation Services criteria and that are fully funded generally have support for database and server platforms and environments. Refer to 3.02 and 3.03 for details of what is provided as part of server management and database management services.|
This service includes:
Please note this service does not include:
- 2nd and 3rd tier operational support for applications including service faults and requests escalated from the service desk.
- Routine heath checks of applications and environments.
- Management and refreshing of development environments for testing purposes.
- Application of security patches from vendors.
- Monitoring of application and integration processes.
- Performance tuning and capacity management.
- Escalation of support issues to vendors as required.
- Proactive problem-solving in relation to recurring technical issues.
- Liaising with the business owners of applications regarding business processes, policy and service delivery.
- Management of activities in relation to the University business cycle in conjunction with business owner.
- Liaising with technical specialists to ensure reliable infrastructure and environments.
- Planning for data protection and disaster recovery strategies in conjunction with business owners.
- Support for authentication services associated with any application.
- Responsibility for data (including user accounts) where the ownership of data resides with the business area.
- Applications outside the scope of foundation services and where no formal support agreement is in place.
|This service is available for:
Business application owners
|Service offerings and variations:
||Optional service offerings
||Costs apply to services that do not meet Foundation services criteria.
|Service conditions, support and availability:|
|Standard Support Hours|
Service owner: Manager, Application Services