|3.02 Database Hosting|
|This service provides a managed environment where databases can be hosted. Included with the service is storage space, backup and monitoring.|
|This service includes:
Please note this service does not include:
- Technical standards for supported database platforms.
- Managed environments for hosting of databases including storage, backup and monitoring.
- Capacity planning and monitoring of databases and environments.
- Escalated support from the service desk and application specialists.
- Assistance in the diagnosis of performance problems.
- Application of security patches from vendors.
- Resolution of underlying application issues.
- Responsibility for the integrity of data hosted within the databases.
- Data protection is for disaster recovery purposes only.
- Hosting of databases that are not one of the supported database platforms.
- Support for database environments that are no longer supported by the vendor.
|This service is available for:
Business Application Owners
|Service offerings and variations:
||There are 2 supported database platforms:
Oracle - versions 10g and 11g
Microsoft SQL server - versions 2000 and 2005
||Optional service offerings
||Costs apply to services that do not meet Foundation Services criteria. Costs are negotiated and based on requirements for storage and backup.
|Service conditions, support and availability:|
|Standard Support Hours.|
Support for existing applications is provided for the Microsoft 2000 platform only.
New Microsoft databases will be hosted on 2005.
Service owner: Manager, Application Services