|6.01 Software and hardware contract management|
|This service manages compliance with the terms and conditions of site-wide contracts with IT vendors such as the software agreements with Microsoft.|
|This service includes:
Please note this service does not include:
- Management of site-wide software contracts.
- Management of hardware maintenance agreements.
- Facilitating the checking of maintenance schedules.
- Providing advice on contract terms and conditions.
- Records management in relation to software and hardware contracts.
- Contract renewals.
- Liaison with University Prudential services for legal advice.
- General advice on licensing.
- Managing the availability of software licensed for home use.
- A software media borrowing process.
- Contract negotiation with vendors. This is the responsibility of the contract initiator/contact.
- Budgeting processes.
|This service is available for:
|Service offerings and variations:
||Refer to the Software website for the terms and conditions of each contract.
||Optional service offerings
||Some contracts are centrally funded.
Some are recharged annually.
|Service conditions, support and availability:|
|Standard Business Hours.|
The policy regarding the recharging of software is governed by the University Information and Communications Technology Committee.
|Software Management website|
Service owner: Manager, Business Services