|The University of Adelaide||Home | Faculties & Divisions | Search|
You are here:
Installing a new printer
This DIY guide will give you the simple steps required to install a new printer. If you are using Microsoft Windows Vista the printers for your school/area will be automatically installed when you log on.
*NB. You will need to know the name of the print queue which you wish to use. The easiest way to find this is to ask a colleague.
1. At the end of the printer name will be the server that the printer is located on. It will be on one of the following servers: Print01, Print02, Print03, Print04, Print05, Print06, Subaru, Impreza or Outback.
2. According to where the printer is located, Click the start button, click Start Search and type the name of the server eg \\print01 or \\Subaru
3. A window will pop up with a list of printers. Find the printer that you need to install and double click on it.
4. After a short while, it will bring up the printer job list. The printer is now installed and ready to be printed to.
5. If you wish to make the new printer your default printer, click Start, and then click printers.
6. Right click the desired printer, and then click "Set as default printer". This printer will now be set as the default printer for all the programs you wish to print from.
The University of Adelaide
Last Modified 24/05/2013 Information Technology Services
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M