Do's and Don'ts
These guidelines provide a brief reminder of the key obligations of people using the University's IT facilities. All users must be familiar with, and abide by, the IT Acceptable Use and Security Policy.
- Don't access pornographic or obscene material or material that could offend others.
- Don't let anyone else use any of your accounts or tell anyone your password.
- Don't download videos, music or anything else that's copyrighted by other people.
- Don't use IT facilities to bully or harass other people.
- Don't install unlicensed or malicious software.
- Don't use IT facilities to advertise goods or services.
- Log out of computer systems when you have finished using them.
- Only use University IT systems for purposes relating to your study, research or work at the University.
- Remember that all use of IT facilities is logged and monitored.
- Remember that every website you visit or page that you print costs the University money.
- Think carefully about your online conduct to protect personal information.