Security Best Practice
The following guidelines are under review;
- Lock your screen (using CTRL+ALT+DEL) if you are leaving your computer unattended for a short time (e.g. to collect a print out).
- Log off computers when you have finished using them.
- Keep your password secure and make sure its not easy for others to guess
- Remember that email messages sent using the University email service are not encrypted in any way and hence the confidentiality of email messages cannot be guaranteed. Email should not be used for confidential communications.
- Never leave any computing equipment including laptops, USBs or disks anywhere they can be accessed by others or stolen.
- Be wary of emails that request personal details such as account names and passwords - they could be phishing scams.
More information about security issues can be found on the Security web pages.