Remote Files Access
Remote files is a service provided by ITS to enable staff and students to access files on their University provided home drive from a remote computer such as a personal computer (at home or via wireless connectivity on campus) or from the CATS suite.
Files can be transferred between the computer they use to access remote files and their University home drive (U: or V:) and shared drives S: (staff) and L: (students).
Log me in now
To Log into remote files, please go here.
- A reliable and fast broadband internet connection.
- Wireless internet on campus
- Broadband at home
- Any other computer connected to the University network
- Your computer is set-up correctly to access the internet.
- Proxy settings
- Internet firewall settings
- Browser security settings
- A current account and password.
- Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser.
- Note: Staff can only access remote files if their files have been migrated to Active Directory.
Usage SummaryThis section provides a simple summary of how to access remote files. For a more in depth explanation please read the following sections of the document.
- Point your web browser to https://remotefiles.adelaide.edu.au
- Logon using your University of Adelaide username and password
- After logging in you may copy files between local and remote drives, including portable USB drives
- Once you have finished using remote file access, choose logoff from the start menu.
Note: To help better understand what the drive letters represent, see this section.