Agreed Support Model
The University Information and Communication Technology Committee (UICT) has directed Technology Services on the support model to be provided to staff who use Mac computers.
The below gives a high level overview of the agreed support provided by Technology Services for staff using a Mac
Support provided by Technology Services for the following:
- Fix Faults* (Apple remote desktop must be configured to University Standards)
- Provision of access to the network (IP Address)
- Creation of configuration guides for common services
- Providing access to University licensed software
- Macs in undergraduate computing suites
Support not provided by Technology Services for the following:**
- Any support for Macs which do not have Apple remote desktop configured to University Standards
- Installation and configuration of software
- Operating system upgrades and re-installation
- Dual booting with Windows or virtualisation of Windows
- Password synchronisation
- Connecting to University Services
* Technology Services skills in supporting Macs are limited. If we are unable to resolve your fault you will be directed to 3rd party support. You will be reponsible for the cost of 3rd party support.
** 3rd party support available if required. You will be responsible for the cost of 3rd party support.