Team Leader, Client Computing Services
Technology Services, Infrastructure, Property & Technology Branch
Job Reference Number: 15343
An Overview of the Role:
Your role as Team Leader, Client Computing Services is to lead and manage a team of IT staff responsible for providing support to more than 7,000 client computers for over 3,000 staff and 25,000 students across the University.
More specifically (but not limited to);
- Ensure effective people management of direct reports to ensure the team delivers its services as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Provide effective leadership and appropriate training for team members.
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning and ensure the team is informed of the plans, including detailed month-ahead rolling staff work plans.
- Establish KPI’s for team members and regularly monitor and report on the achievement of KPI’s.
- Provide regular feedback to team members on their work performance, and adherence to Infrastructure values and behaviours.
- Ensure continuous improvement of services, processes and systems
- Identify trends and use problem solving techniques to reduce the volume and impact of issues
- Recommend improvements to systems and hardware which would enable a reduction of problems
- Participate in the management and delivery of projects relating to both the area and across Technology Services.
- Assist with the development of policies and standard operating procedures, the implementation and communication of policies, guidelines and standards.
- Identify key risks for the area and ensure that disaster recovery plans are in place
- Assist in the tendering and contract processes, including negotiating with vendors on pricing and equipment as required.
What skills and experience do I need?
- High level knowledge of the IT environment and the relationships/connections.
- Experience in leading, managing and developing a medium sized team within a large environment.
- Strong people leadership abilities and experience
- Client computing support on a larger scale including the ability to work with and understand a broad range of technologies such as Microsoft, Mac and Linux.
- Excellent current knowledge of IT trends in client computing technology
- Demonstrated experience in the development or assisted development of strategies for the department or channel.
Sound like you? Please call us immediately on Phone: 08 8228 1555 or APPLY including your COVER LETTER (outlining your specific experience that matches the role) below
To register your interest in this role please click HERE to apply.