Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences
Job Reference Number: 15551
Stuck in a rut, or looking for a new challenge? We are offering an amazing opportunity for a veterinary diagnositic imager to join our team of enthusiastic educators who are rolling out the new veterinary curriculum at the University of Adelaide. The successful candidate will have access to some of the best clinical facilities in the world with the new Companion Animal Health Centre having been completed in 2010 and the Equine Health Centre due for completion in 2013. The facilities are equipped with state of the art digital imaging and ultrasonography, and there is off-site access to CT and MRI at the Large Animal Research & Imaging Facility (LARIF) located at Gillies Plains.
We are seeking a Veterinarian who is eligible to practice in South Australia to teach didactic and clinical Diagnostic Imaging, and develop the clinical service. Opportunities to develop a research programme will be available to interested applicants.
You should have:
- A qualification in Veterinary Science acceptable for registration in South Australia
- Completed an approved residency in diagnostic imaging
- Obtained a specialist qualification in veterinary diagnostic imaging (Australian fellowship or American/European boards), or be eligible to sit one of these exams
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team
- A desire to contribute to the teaching of veterinary students.
For appointment at Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor Levels (Levels C and D), factors such as completion of speciality qualifications, teaching and clinical experience, having a PhD, or evidence of a research track record will be taken into account.
An attractive salary package is negotiable with the successful candidate. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
Term of Position
This continuing position is available immediately.
Closing date: Open until filled
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the selection criteria
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Please send applications to email@example.com