School of Veterinary Sciences
Job Reference Number: 15663
The University of Adelaide has established South Australia’s first Veterinary School at its historic Roseworthy Campus, which lies to the north of Adelaide city and is approximately 50 minutes drive from the city or 25 minutes drive from the Barossa Valley, one of Australia’s premier wine growing areas.
The rural setting of the campus, which is located on a 1600 ha property that includes a working farm, allows excellent access to large animal species as well as an operating ambulatory clinic and an on-campus equine hospital, currently in the design stage, which will open in 2013. The first students in the University’s three-year BSc pre-veterinary degree were enrolled in 2008 and, in 2011, the 3 year postgraduate Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree commenced.
We are seeking a Veterinarian with advanced training in Equine Medicine to work collaboratively as a member of a teaching and research team based at the Roseworthy campus,
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the continuing development of the School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences and offers the chance to develop your own clinical skills and research interests while shaping the future of teaching at the School as part of a team of excellent equine clinicians.
You should have:
- A qualification in Veterinary Science acceptable for registration in South Australia
- A higher degree, or equivalent qualification in equine medicine, or a related discipline
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to the teaching effort of a school in equine medicine at tertiary level
- An ability to develop & conduct a research program and to publish in the scientific literature
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of teaching and research teams.
Salary: (Level B) $77,688 - $92,256 per annum
(Level C) $95,163 – $109,735 per annum.
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
Term of Position
This tenurable position is available immediately.
Please refer to the relevant selection criteria (Level B, Level C) or alternatively contact Ms Mandy Holloway, HR Administrator, School of Veterinary Sciences, email email@example.com or phone: + 61 8313 7740
Closing date: Open until filled
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the selection criteria
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward to:
Ms Mandy Holloway
Human Resources Administrator
The University of Adelaide
South Australia 5005