Lecturer /Senior Lecturer in Small Animal Medicine
School of Veterinary Sciences
Job Reference Number: 15669
We have an exciting opportunity for a small animal internal medicine specialist to join our team of enthusiastic educators who are rolling out the new veterinary curriculum at the University of Adelaide.
Adelaide has recently been voted Australia’s most liveable city. A city of just over one million offering amenity without the traffic. Our western boundary is wonderful sandy coastline without crowds. East lies the spectacular rolling scenery of the Adelaide Hills. To our north, the world renown Barossa and Clare valleys, home to Australia’s premier wine growing areas. The historic Roseworthy Campus, home of South Australia’s oldest Agricultural college and the new Veterinary School. Lifestyle offered by the fabulous climate, amazing scenery, great value housing, easy transportation, low population density and a new Vet School – make this a rare opportunity.
We are seeking a veterinarian, eligible to practice in South Australia, to run a referral internal medicine service with our medical oncologist, undertake didactic and clinical teaching, and to initiate research activities.
You should have:
- A qualification in Veterinary Science registerable in South Australia
- Completed an approved residency in small animal internal medicine
- Obtained a specialist qualification in internal medicine (Australian fellowship or American/European boards), or be eligible to sit one of these exams
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team
- A strong desire to contribute to the teaching of veterinary students and post-graduate veterinarians.
For appointment at Senior Lecturer Level (Level C), factors such as completion of speciality qualifications, teaching and clinical experience, having a PhD, or evidence of a research track record will be taken into account.
Salary: (Level B) $77,688 - $92,256 per annum, (Level C) $95,163 – $109,735 per annum.
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
Term of Position
This tenurable position is available immediately.
Closing date: Open until filled
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the selection criteria
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Email applications to email@example.com