Lecturer (INDIGENOUS EDUCATION)
School of Education
Job Reference Number: 16266
"Pursuant to Section 65 of the South Australian Equal Opportunity Act 1984 and The University of Adelaide's Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy" applications are invited from Aboriginal Australian and Torres Strait Islander people only.
Through the University of Adelaide Indigenous Employment Investment Strategy, the School of Education is seeking to appoint an Indigenous academic. The School has an excellent reputation both nationally and internationally with extensive collaborative research projects. Due to the expansion of the School’s teaching and research activities, we are seeking to appoint an Indigenous academic staff member who is committed to quality education, research, and engagement with the community in South Australia.
They will be expected to commit to strengthening the School’s research and teaching effort through increased contribution to research, consultancy and/or professional activities, and play a role in the scholarship and teaching responsibilities. The position represents unique opportunities to further develop your academic reputation in a growing organization.
The appointee is expected to teach courses in the Graduate Diploma in Education, Bachelor of Teaching (double degree) and higher degree programs in Adelaide and some regional sites in South Australia.
You should have:
- Demonstrated ability to play a role in scholarship, research and community capacity building.
- Possess a PhD (or equivalent) in Education or a related field
- Knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories, including knowledge of contemporary issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in all levels of education, particularly higher education
- Able to take responsibility for teaching or tutoring in one of the major curriculum areas of study in the Graduate Diploma in Education / Bachelor of Teaching and the Masters of Education program
- Have the ability and aptitude to accept academic and administrative responsibilities for some areas of the School’s research, teaching and administration
- Have the ability to work in and contribute to the intellectual life of the School and the University.
- Preparedness to form and maintain contacts with the professional and business communities and to lead professional development in Indigenous Education
- Ability to work harmoniously and constructively with members of staff of the School of Education, the University and the broader community.
- Have the capacity to contribute to the School’s research programs, which may be demonstrated by:
o appropriate professional and/or research experience related to Indigenous Education
o scholarly publications, including books or refereed articles in journals
o research grants.
Salary: (Level B) $80,019 - $95,024 per annum.
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
Term of Position
This fixed term position is available for a period of two years from 1 July 2012.
Information on the School of Education can be obtained from http://www.education.adelaide.edu.au
Closing date: 18 May 2012
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the selection criteria
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Email applications to email@example.com
School of Education
University of Adelaide
South Australia 5005