Associate Lecturer - Clinical Tutor
School of Nursing
Job Reference Number: 16529
The Associate Lecturer – Clinical Tutor works within the School of Nursing predominantly with the Bachelor of Nursing Students. This clinically focused and active School has over 120 undergraduate and 300 postgraduate students. The Bachelor of Nursing was first offered in 2006 and is an academically rigorous program that incorporates extensive clinical experience.
The tutor will be required to work full time in the clinical area with students to assist their learning and the integration of theory with practice. The Associate Lecturer ensures the maintenance of a physically safe and culturally sensitive environment for students and staff. The appointee will also be expected to participate in other School activities as appropriate. The Associate Lecturer – Clinical Tutor, practises in accordance with the legal and ethical requirements of the nursing profession and the core nursing values of the School of Nursing.
You should have:
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Hold an unrestricted practising certificate
- Possession of a Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification in Nursing and/or Education (desirable)
- Understand contemporary issues in nursing and healthcare and sound knowledge of education and adult learning principles.
- Ability to educate across a range of health care environments
- Ability to use information technology for information retrieval and teaching presentations.
Salary: (Level A) Step 6 $68,751 per annum
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
Term of Position
This continuing position is available immediately.
Closing date: 23 April 2012
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the selection criteria
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or forward to:
Coordinator Pre-Registration Programs
School of Nursing
The University of Adelaide
South Australia 5005