Research Associate Level A in Experimental Physics
School of Chemistry & Physics
Job Reference Number: 16896
The University of Adelaide node of the new Australian Research Council Centre of Excellent in Particle Physics at the Tera-Scale (CoEPP) invites applications for the position of Research Associate in experimental physics. We are seeking to appoint an Experimental Physicist in a fixed term position for 3 years (with the possibility of a further 1 year extension).
The position is in association with the ARC Centre of Excellence in Particle Physics at the Terascale, and Australia wide collaboration involving groups at the University of Adelaide, Melbourne, Monash and Sydney with its experimental focus in the ATLAS collaboration at the LHC.
The successful candidate is expected to play a leading role in data analysis while also fulfilling their commitment to collaboration service work. Physics analysis involvements include searches for Supersymmetry, Higgs and long-lived exotic particles.
You should have as a minimum:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in Physics
- Demonstrated research record in experimental physics, in leading scientific journals and conferences
- Experience with high energy detectors and physics and physics analysis at current experimental facilities
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis
- Ability to participate in collaborative services work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
(Level A) $68,751 - $73,800 per annum
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 17% applies.
Term of Position
This Fixed-term position available for 3 years with a possibility of a further 1 year extension.
Closing date: Open until filled
Your application must:
- Provide a brief statement of your research interests
- A letter of application including your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- Address the selection criteria
- Include residency status
- A list of selected publications
- Quote the relevant reference number
- Include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees (please arrange to have letters of recommendation sent directly to Dr Jackson, via email or to the address below:
Email applications to Dr Paul Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org or forward to :
Dr Paul D. Jackson
SLAC (ATLAS Group)
CERN Meyrin, J03500, CH-1211 Geneve 23