BioResource Support Officer
Discipline of Medicine
Job Reference Number: 17101
The University of Adelaide is a leading research intensive and teaching University comprising of five faculties including the Faculty of Health Sciences, which is home to the School of Medicine. The Dame Roma Mitchell Cancer Research Laboratories and the Adelaide Prostate Cancer Research Centre in the School of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, seek a Research Officer for four days a week to work with the Australian Prostate Cancer BioResource.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake database management, laboratory processing of biological samples and participant recruitment into clinical research studies. The Officer must be available to work flexible hours between the hours 8am and 6pm. This position is available as a part-time (0.8FTE) contract for a period of 12 months available from 1st May 2012, in the first instance.
You should have:
- Demonstrable experience with data entry and database management , and use of spreadsheets and work processing applications
- Experience in clinical research data management an advantage
- Experience with participant recruitment and informed consent
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of Human Research Ethics Committee functionality
- Familiarity with biological sample handing procedures
- Certificate in medical terminology or health related qualification would be an advantage.
Salary: (HEO5) $55,510 - $61,944 per annum pro rata (0.8FTE).
Plus an employer superannuation contribution of 9% applies
Term of Position
This fixed-term part time (0.8FTE) is available for a period of 12 months from 1st May 2012, in the first instance.
Closing date: 11 May 2012
Your application should:
- include your résumé/Curriculum Vitae
- address the knowledge and experience and qualifications section of the Position Description
- quote the relevant reference number
- include residency status
- include the names, addresses and/or email details of three referees.
Email applications to Margaret.email@example.com or forward to:
IMVS, Hanson Institute Building
The University of Adelaide
Adelaide SA 5005